Thread: gettin' there?

alpha is offline New Member

gettin' there?

i should have posted some before pics, i would get more props! a year ago, i was 240 and sloppy as hell. i'm 5'9, 188lbs right now. the one's of my fatty parts are for swolecat; thinking about getting his help as i've hit a plateau on my fat loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gettin' there?-dsc00407.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00393.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00395.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00405.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00389.jpg  

more

more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gettin' there?-dsc00404.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00399.jpg  

you guys think my abs are underdevelped, or do need to lean out more, both? how much weight do y'all think i need to lose to be ripped?

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Hey GREAT job on the fat loss and bettering yourself, for the ab question leaning out has alot more to do with visible abs then ab development but to answer you question, probably both, your definatly gettin' there!

thanks dude, i been waiting quite a while just for someone to reply, my wife been buggin' the crap outta me to get up, so igotta go now... apprieciate the support bro!

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Hey man, lookin great. Like LostUp said, good for you for bettering yourself. Dont know what your diet looks like so we cant critique, but obvioustly you know what your doing to drop 52 pounds! Some suggestions on what to post would be diet, work outs, measurements etc. Once again, lookin good keep up the good work.

murph is offline Member
    dont get frustrated now,... you have come too far already to now feel that way,.. keep doing what you have been,..... and as far as the abs thing goes,... do you do a cardio program of any kind?.... or is the weight loss due to diet?....(cardio always helps me bring out the detail in the muscle and shed any extra fat)... when you feel frustrated look where you started,..... good luck..

Murph

i got down to 195 by july 03, then i tried to "put some muscle on", and ended up piggin' out and makin' excuses. went back up to about 212, then got back down to 197 in about a month and a half. up umtil this time all my weight loss was due to eating five or six meals a day, lean protien and complex carbs, and lots of water and ECA's. i hit kind of a plateau at 195-198, and looked to the owner of the gym i go to, and he put me on this diet:

1. 6 egg whites, 4 oz lean meat, 2 slices of nature's own low carb toast.
    2. protein shake
    3. 8-12oz lean meat, salad (2 cups lettuce, 1/2 a tomato, lowcarb dressing.
    4.protein shake
    5. same as meal 3, but w/ 2 cups low carb veggies, and no worrying about the fat of the meat.
    6. protein shake
    lots of fish and flax oil, and water and some sugar free jello!

workout 3x a week- chest, shouldrs, tris/ legs, lower back, and traps/ back, bis, forearms

haven't been doing any cardio for a while, the owner of my gym says it' not necessary. argues the point of caloric expenditure not being enough to make a big difference, says it's basically a waste of a time for a guy my age because my heart gets all the workout it needs when im liftin' and ****in'! I do feel like i got results from the cardio i did earlier in my thing. so i think i might start back. what would you guys suggest for ultimate fat burning, and muscle retention? thinkin' about gettin swolgenix.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    haven't been doing any cardio for a while, the owner of my gym says it' not necessary. argues the point of caloric expenditure not being enough to make a big difference, says it's basically a waste of a time for a guy my age because my heart gets all the workout it needs when im liftin' and ****in'! I do feel like i got results from the cardio i did earlier in my thing. so i think i might start back. what would you guys suggest for ultimate fat burning, and muscle retention? thinkin' about gettin swolgenix.
    From what i have learned on here, cardio is the best thing to lose weight at any age. I dont know why he would say that, your only in your mid 20's. I do know that cardio in the morning on a empty stomic is a kick ass way to lose weight before a compitition, so i dont see why it wouldent work for you. Let some of the other guys on here expand on that.

freakish

i figured i'd go ahead and post up my only body part that is bb status......forearms!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gettin' there?-dsc00416.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00417.jpg   gettin' there?-dsc00419.jpg  

Nice forarms! Mind me asking what kind of workouts do you do to them?

i've had big forearms since i was 11. working out has just made them bigger. i only do a few sets of wrist curls once a week. masturbation has played a role, im sure.

decadbal is offline Banned
    good lean look to ya, id def hit arms hard as hell, dont want those forearms bigger than the real part..lol. nice shape bro, keep it up, and i burn about 600cals doing 45 min on the elliptical, so id def do cardio if i were you.

decadbal-no doubt!!!!lol that's come across my mind more than once!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i figured i'd go ahead and post up my only body part that is bb status......forearms!
    very impressive forearms!!! i think you right about masturbation my right one is a 1/4" bigger than the other...

Cmah9 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    very impressive forearms!!! i think you right about masturbation my right one is a 1/4" bigger than the other...
    LoL, need to switch hit.

Alpha, you are looking good bro. seems you have put in a lot of effort and time. All I have to say is keep it up, you have worked to hard to start slacking off. As most people end up. Keep up the hard work and you will end up where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmah9
    LoL, need to switch hit.

Alpha, you are looking good bro. seems you have put in a lot of effort and time. All I have to say is keep it up, you have worked to hard to start slacking off. As most people end up. Keep up the hard work and you will end up where you want to be.

i do switch hit! but right is still about a half inch bigger!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Alright bro, I'm gonna add my suggestions here.....

OK, diet...Your protein intake looks good. But your carbs are too low to have the energy you need to build muscle. Assuming you add in a moderate amount of calories from some low GI complex carbs, you're not going to get fat bro, believe me. Try this:

Before eating: Morning Cardio on an empty stomach...3-4 times week, 30 minutes, heart rate in the 13-140 range.
    1. 6 egg whites, 4 oz lean meat, 2 slices of nature's own low carb toast. Scratch the wheat toast and add rye toast...less sugar. Also, add 3/4 cup (measured dry) old fashioned oatmeal.
    2. protein shake Scratch this, add a good MRP w/ carbs. I like Lean Mass Matrix. And add a couple slices of rye bread.
    3. 8-12oz lean meat, salad (2 cups lettuce, 1/2 a tomato, lowcarb dressing. Scratch this salad...it's pointless. Add 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups broccoli.
    4.protein shake Repeat my #2 suggestions.
    Where's your post-workout shake??? I'm assuming you train here, as I do, but if not...move this suggestion to right after whatever time you lift. You should have a shake immediately after training with 50-100 grams sugar, 40 grams protein!!! An hour later...a whole food meal like #5.
    5. same as meal 3, but w/ 2 cups low carb veggies, and no worrying about the fat of the meat. Again, scratch the salad, add 1 cup brown rice...or a big yam (7 oz. or so.)
    6. protein shake
    lots of fish and flax oil, and water and some sugar free jello! That's alright but if you're gonna cheat, do it earlier in the day.

workout 3x a week- chest, shouldrs, tris/ legs, lower back, and traps/ back, bis, forearms You need to lift a lot more bro...3 x a week is not enough to make the gains you're looking for. I would strongly suggest a 4 on, 1 off split...

Day 1: Legs
    Day 2: Chest/Tris
    Day 3: Back/Bis
    Day 4: Delts/Traps/Abs
    Day 5: Rest
    Day 6: Repeat

As far as your gym owner's advice, I totally disagree. If you're trying to drop your bodyfat along with all your muscle, yeah, that kind of diet will get you there. You need more muscle. Contrary to what many will say, you can add muscle and get leaner simultaneously. Follow the routine and diet I have laid out for you for the next 6 months, STRICTLY, and I expect you'll not only have added muscle, your body fat will be lower too. Just make sure your training is intense and you're giving it 100% in the gym. Of course, as you mentioned above, you gains are gonna be much better with some deca and dbol ...(don't forget the test!!!) but you have to be ready for that.

pumpseeker- i totally appreiciate you taking the time to give me some good advice! let me ask you a question....
    are you saying that my diet should be the same year-round? how many calories do you the diet above would be?
    my short-term goal was to get rid of the layer of
    fat around my midsection, have visible abs, then get really serious about trying to gain muscle. i figured i'd really know how to dial in my diet after that too.
    i didn't get my goal by jan., so i want to make absoolutely sure that i'm there by the summer! would you say the above diet would be the best way to do that?
    obviously, i don't know a whole lot, but that kinda seems like a lot of calories to get ripped. have you always been ripped?

i train at 6:30 am, mon, wed, fri.

Thread Information