Thread: Trouble posting

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member

Trouble posting

I'm having trouble posting and pm-ing here on my laptop. This was never a problem until last week. For instance if I try to start a new thread, I am able to type in the title area but my cursor won't show up in the main body posting area.

So I can only post on my iPhone now or log in on someone else's computer. I don't know what changed. I have tried adjusting my settings to no avail. My laptop is as old as the hills but works fine for all other uses and worked fine on this forum.

Thanks in advance if anyone could give me any direction on what to do.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    We have been having a few problems... I was told they should be fixed now let me know...
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

PPC
    Quote Originally Posted by *Admin* View Post
    We have been having a few problems... I was told they should be fixed now let me know...
    Still having the same issue as of today. Maybe my computer is just too old and is having glitches due to the largeness of this forum? I have no idea since it used to let me post just fine. Tech clueless here.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Hi PPC, looks like you're getting hooked here again. I'll have to change the avi back pretty soon for you.

Now on to the serious stuff ... Do you knlow how much RAM your laptop is running? About how old is it, and what platform of OS (Windows Vista, XP, etc.)? With all the resources these days, I'm thinking you need at least 1gb, and 2gb would be even much better to browse on much of the Internet that has been enhanced over the past few years. Also, if you're running Internet Explorer, try Mozilla Firefox for your browser. Less resources, more efficiency. If your system is ancient, and needs upgrades across the board, then it's probably wise to look at a new setup. You can get some of these Netbooks these days for $300-$500 that have 2GB running DDR2 (maybe DDR3) (Dual Data Rate-Runs very efficient), and anywhere from 150gb to 250gb hard drives.

If you go to "My Computer", click open, click "Control Panel", click "System". The front section, or the "General" section will tell you a little bit about the CPU, the mfg, GHz (speed), and the actual RAM capacity. If you have some applications running, it could also effect the performance. I usually make sure the Tool Bar section is completely wiped of unnecessary, unwanted applications and programs that might be utilizing free memory at start-up.

Could be some board issues, we've had some of that, but the facts still stand that it takes some updated technology to get around the Internet today. The old 512mb setups just won't cut it for most systems. Let me know, maybe it's time to get you looking at somethings that can help you improve your cyber experiences!

PPC
    Thanks Vette,

I feel like a twit. I stay blissfully ignorant about rams and gigs and other such words. I'll show your post to my husband tonight and hopefully he can figure it out or I'll have to upgrade. Guess I'm just partial to old things like my old guitar. But thanks again.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Thanks Vette,

I feel like a twit. I stay blissfully ignorant about rams and gigs and other such words. I'll show your post to my husband tonight and hopefully he can figure it out or I'll have to upgrade. Guess I'm just partial to old things like my old guitar. But thanks again.
    OK, now we're hitting another subject that caught my attention. Unlike computers, guitars can get better with age. I have several. For Christmas, I got a Clapton signature Fender Strat "Blackie". I would love to get an older Strat or Les Paul at some point, as they are the real deal! No RAM needed to make them play good, just a good set of strings.

Let me know on the computer ...
    Take care

PPC
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    OK, now we're hitting another subject that caught my attention. Unlike computers, guitars can get better with age. I have several. For Christmas, I got a Clapton signature Fender Strat "Blackie". I would love to get an older Strat or Les Paul at some point, as they are the real deal! No RAM needed to make them play good, just a good set of strings.

Let me know on the computer ...
    Take care
    Ah, you are a collector. They're nice guitars. Mine is not really worth drooling over. More sentimental, I dropped it in Germany back in the day and it has a nice crack to show for that. Feels soft and nice to play. Ovation, sunburst, accoustic. My husband has bought me two guitars that are supposed to be better but I never play those. I like my comfy old friend.

PPC
    Strange, in the last week or so, I am able to post and pm with my old lap top again. I don't know what changed, but happy that it did.

Thread Information