brandon707 is offline Junior Member

PMed myself and it wont go away

yaaa....... well i PMed myself the other day because i wanted to see what it was like to have a PM and everytime i try and delete it, it says that some kind of error has occured. need to know if this has happened to someone else and how to fix it.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LOL, well this is an interesting problem to have. I will get in touch with the developers about this and see what happened.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    where exactly are you trying to delete it from ?

if you read the PM, there is an option to delete it there. you have to check the check box next to the button that says Delete Message. (if you are not checking the check box next to the Delete Message button, then you will receive a vBulletin message)

if you are trying to delete the PM (or any PM) in your PM manager window, you must check the check box to the far right of the desired PM. then at the bottom of the list you have a drop-down menu with 6 options (Move, Delete, Marks as Read, Download - 3 of these). with the desired PM check box selected, switch the menu to Delete, and hit the Go button.

whether it's from yourself or someone else, all PM's are managed the same way. so you must be doing something wrong on your end.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Doh!

hahahaha i must be the biggest idiot EVER. i got it resolved, but seriously it was doin wierd stuff when i tried to delete it.

god im an idiot.....Yesssss

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon707
    hahahaha i must be the biggest idiot EVER. i got it resolved, but seriously it was doin wierd stuff when i tried to delete it.

I will not argue with you on that

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon707

Don't feel bad about it bro. It was funny. I thought about Curious George when I saw that. You know you are sitting there wondering, I wonder what would happen if..... and then you try it. Everythings cool and then something suddenly goes wrong. lol

Don't worry though. I've PM'd myself probably 10 -20 times to either test a new feature or to use it as a reminder for something. We all do crazy things like this sometime though.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    Don't feel bad about it bro. It was funny. I thought about Curious George when I saw that. You know you are sitting there wondering, I wonder what would happen if..... and then you try it. Everythings cool and then something suddenly goes wrong. lol

Don't worry though. I've PM'd myself probably 10 -20 times to either test a new feature or to use it as a reminder for something. We all do crazy things like this sometime though.
    hahah thanks J-dogg

Thread Information