Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: Zeus' competition entry 17 April 2017

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Should I be timing my simple carbs better for better gains? I am eating oats upon waking and also post workout but I am having some throughout the day aswell. Just wondering if I should contain them to those 2 meals

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Should I be timing my simple carbs better for better gains? I am eating oats upon waking and also post workout but I am having some throughout the day aswell. Just wondering if I should contain them to those 2 meals
    No you need carbs throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

No you need carbs throughout the day.
    Awesome cheers cape. Rather enjoying eating the same thing everyday without measuring or thinking about it
    Capebuffalo likes this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Awesome cheers cape. Rather enjoying eating the same thing everyday without measuring or thinking about it
    This is one of my favorite parts of training. I know exactly what my body is digesting and using as fuel. My problem is getting in enough calories to support my goals. Force feeding is tough.

Great job on the vein.....I bet you are going to love this process!

Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post

This is one of my favorite parts of training. I know exactly what my body is digesting and using as fuel. My problem is getting in enough calories to support my goals. Force feeding is tough.

Great job on the vein.....I bet you are going to love this process!
    Opposite problem, I love eating! I could smash 5000 clean calories if I was let loose!

The vein may have been a trick of the light but I definitely saw it

Really need to learn to push myself at the gym. I'm stopping because it hurts. Then I can proceed to do the next set at the same weight... It's annoying me.

Working my way through the hit thread

Opposite problem, I love eating! I could smash 5000 clean calories if I was let loose!

The vein may have been a trick of the light but I definitely saw it

Really need to learn to push myself at the gym. I'm stopping because it hurts. Then I can proceed to do the next set at the same weight... It's annoying me.

Working my way through the hit thread
    I think you should read around page 1000, is that right CAPE?

Trying to figure out the hurt.......Can you lift the weight (even with the hurt happening)? Is it too heavy?
    Capebuffalo likes this.

I think you should read around page 1000, is that right CAPE?

Trying to figure out the hurt.......Can you lift the weight (even with the hurt happening)? Is it too heavy?
    Yes. It's right around page 1000 in Marcus Dungeon Thread. A lot of great info in there.

Yes. It's right around page 1000 in Marcus Dungeon Thread. A lot of great info in there.
    Skipped 900 pages from where I'm at but I'm on it
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Skipped 900 pages from where I'm at but I'm on it
    Reading the whole thing is great, but if you want to know how to lift to build and grow read around there and all his mind postings are killer. It really is all about what you have in your mind. The power to push through.
    Capebuffalo and DocToxin8 like this.

Reading the whole thing is great, but if you want to know how to lift to build and grow read around there and all his mind postings are killer. It really is all about what you have in your mind. The power to push through.
    I really don't have it. Where do you even start to build that unbreakable steel mindset
    marcus300 likes this.

I really don't have it. Where do you even start to build that unbreakable steel mindset
    You start here today. And add some more tomorrow. And every day after that. It doesn't come over night. Most of us are nowhere Marcus is in the aspect of mindset. But everyday it gets closer.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

You start here today. And add some more tomorrow. And every day after that. It doesn't come over night. Most of us are nowhere Marcus is in the aspect of mindset. But everyday it gets closer.
    This style of life seems absolutely incredible. The eating, the training, the willpower. It just screams dedication and I love it. I need to nail this.

I want to love the pain and know that I am growing but I can feel myself holding back. It's like trying to get something out of a container with a spoon that doesn't fit. There all this energy my body won't put out.

But yeah you are right. I'm week one of doing this and it's a lifelong process
    Thanks man
    AKD_FitChick and Capebuffalo like this.

DAY 12
    Again feeling pretty sore. Abs are killing me today. Food wise, i feel like I am cutting. I need food. I want food. I look forward to my meals. I'm watching the clock all day... is it too early to eat? Will I be too hungry if I eat now?
    I have now done a full rotation of my training sessions. Next round I will be stronger. Will probably be Sunday or Monday when I hit shoulders and hammies again.

TRAINING
    Chest and calves
    Dumbbell chest press
    2 warm ups 18kg and 30kg
    2 working 42kg and 38kg assisted reps and negs

Fly machine
    Warm up 70kg
    2 Working 113kg assisted and negs

Low to high pulley chest extention (?)
    3 Working set 27kg each side
    (I don't even know what was going on here. Lost all concentration. Whatever... count this exercise as a loss)

Standing calf raise
    Warm up 50kg 100kg
    Working set 150kg

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3000 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Weight 181.4lbs
    AKD_FitChick and DocToxin8 like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I'm going to get back to you soon on this in the morning
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

I'm going to get back to you soon on this in the morning
    Appreciate it

DAY 12
    Again feeling pretty sore. Abs are killing me today. Food wise, i feel like I am cutting. I need food. I want food. I look forward to my meals. I'm watching the clock all day... is it too early to eat? Will I be too hungry if I eat now?
    I have now done a full rotation of my training sessions. Next round I will be stronger. Will probably be Sunday or Monday when I hit shoulders and hammies again.

TRAINING
    Chest and calves
    Dumbbell chest press
    2 warm ups 18kg and 30kg
    2 working 42kg and 38kg assisted reps and negs

Fly machine
    Warm up 70kg
    2 Working 113kg assisted and negs

Low to high pulley chest extention (?)
    3 Working set 27kg each side
    (I don't even know what was going on here. Lost all concentration. Whatever... count this exercise as a loss)

Standing calf raise
    Warm up 50kg 100kg
    Working set 150kg

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3000 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Weight 181.4lbs
    If you want food, EAT FOOD. It won't kill you. If you are hungry it's cause your body is telling you to feed it. Just eat clean and make it count.

You are right you will be stronger......every week on after. You will build, you have no choice but to build if you are eating and training right. You can do this.

If you want food, EAT FOOD. It won't kill you. If you are hungry it's cause your body is telling you to feed it. Just eat clean and make it count.

You are right you will be stronger......every week on after. You will build, you have no choice but to build if you are eating and training right. You can do this.
    The thing is I don't know if it's real hunger or because I enjoy eating. I might bump up my calories a little over the weekend and rest up for round 2.

Yes I can do this. But I would not be progressing or making the right changes without you guys. So I thank you all who have contributed so far. This is a group effort because id be lost without the guidance!

I could easily talk and motivate you into a mindset that will make the next few workouts be tremendous but its keeping that mindset and being consistent with it which reaps amazing results. If it was easy we all would be walking around like freaks but its not easy and it takes a life time to learn and understand. My mindset was my strongest part of my body I even sacrificed many important things in my life to try and become the best I could. The cost was dearly but I was so driven nothing would change the way I felt.

Have you ever gone into the gym and just started training doing a certain number of reps certain number of sets, looking at your phone between sets, talking to your friends and picking machines what are easier to train on and not as tasking as other movements? I bet the answer is YES because I have and I am sure everybody as. I see it daily and even seen the same guys over the last 10-15 yrs who I know who have stuck it out in the gym still there yr after yr not changing and training the same but coming up to me saying wooow man how do you do it lol.

Its simple but hard to put in practise but let me go over a few things what might make you think a bit different. Food - you have to consistently feed the body to achieve your goal and once you reach this you have to consistently increase the food intake to maintain the desired goal, this alone is hard work the mindset of this is a whole new level of dedication trust me. Eating to feed the body because every few lbs you put on you have to increase your food intake, and I know you may say you can eat for England but think about eating more and more to support another 40-50lbs. Food becomes a source to maintain and grow and it becomes a vicious circle, you want it you got it eat your way to the top.

I am sure you know I train HIT so my training is intense and takes one hell of a mindset and motivation to get through one of my training sessions. I truly believe I am gifted with my mindset and drive. I will NOT go into a gym and waste sets and reps going through the motions, I try not to but obviously at certain times I do I'm lying if I say I don't but overall I wont waste that session. I dig deep inside myself and talk to my inner self, this starts before the gym and throughout the session. I talk to myself, I talk and dig so deep into the darkest parts of my mind to release the inner demon what is waiting to be released. I do have certain things I do which I will repost in another post for you which will help but for me any session starts within my mind. I can release my adrenalin within seconds because I am so use to doing it, I have my pre sets rituals I go through to ignite the fire within me and I make that set which doesn't last long the best I possibly can. I am there for one reason only - to grow bigger and stronger and become a freak so I make fucking heads turn. That was my mindset and fuck everybody else I will be that monster I will go to failure and beyond and I will train harder than anyone I know to become the best I can. I dig deep into my life events what ignite terror, what make me so angry I cant even talk about it, I will think of things what make me shiver what ive been through, seen and what make me want to go insane - I use all this and channel it into that set, that tiny little fucking set of a few reps to failure and beyond to force my body into growth to make it have no alternative but to grow because its under serious stress and overload. It all starts within your mind learn this and you will be different than anyone else. I get so channelled into a set I go deaf, I hear a muffled sound and everything around me goes in slow motion, I am in my space and I at one with my body, I know and it knows there is going to be an attack which I need to be ready for.

You want gains you find that inner self and talk to it, you find those demons and play with them because once you release the power of the mind doing a set is a release of that energy. Think about what ive just said for one min............... You dig so deep into your inner self and find that demon, that fire, that adrenalin and that spirit of fight or flight and you will feel an unbelievable build up inside yourself and the only release is that set in front of you, that weight, that tiny fucking set of weights in front of you what is your answer for the release of that built up energy you have made inside yourself.

I believe the mind is a wonderful thing and you can use the good and bad parts of your life experience to fuel your goals for the future. I know what fuels me and there are many ways to achieve this all you got to do is find yours. Find your training style, be consistent in everything you do and never waste a set or reps make them count that's the reason why your in the gym to make a difference to yourself, no on else is going to hand it over to you its all down to you and its a fucking long road ahead but you need to take the first step along that road to reach your goal and dig deep inside of yourself and make it count. Make heads turn
    Sicko and hollowedzeus like this.

That was awesome. I can see myself reading that as I go into the gym. Your mindset is incredible.

Up until last week i had my phone out between sets changing my music or replying to a text or such.... finishing a set at 8 reps when I could rattle 12 out, stopping because it hurts. When I finish one of these sets, it's like eating junk. Immediately afterwords you feel ashamed and ask yourself why?

I am unbelievably laid back and relaxed. But I have the aggression. It's there. My ex girlfriend used to go into anaphylactic shock and when this happened I was pretty hard to interact with afterwords. All I could explain it as is a red cloud of mist and I would literally explode in rage at people. I understand this is very immature but it's what used to happen.

I need to release this in the gym. If I can triggerr this I will succeed.

The time and effort you put into these posts is phenomenal Marcus

I'm going into round 2 of the body parts. Going to be 100% more effort than round 1. Muscles are going to be more painful. I'm going to be absolutely exploding with rage at the gym.

I want this badly. I am bumping up my calories 500 or so today. Got a couple of days of rest

I want this badly. I will make heads turn. I will make heads turn as a natural and people will scream LIAR at me... telling me I am on gear.

I will then make more heads turn when I become a true monster later in life.

I am ready to begin my journey
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 04-29-2017 at 02:49 AM.
    ghettoboyd and AKD_FitChick like this.

Bumped my calories to around 3600 today. Back to normal tomorrow

Edit - extra oats and rice
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 04-29-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

DAY 13
    Rest day today. First run round all of the muscles doing a hit style workout. Still a million miles away but I will improve. Bumped my calories up a little bit today everything is pretty sore so hopefully it helps me recover.

DIET
    320g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    750g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3700ish calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Weight forgot this morning
    ghettoboyd and AKD_FitChick like this.

185lbs this morning. Heavy as fuck
    marcus300 and AKD_FitChick like this.

185lbs this morning. Heavy as fuck
    Some from this morning after breakfasts
    AKD_FitChick and marcus300 like this.

Some from this morning after breakfasts
    Get some serious work on your back and triceps mate, doing great but hit these areas with everything you got.

Get some serious work on your back and triceps mate, doing great but hit these areas with everything you got.
    Will do. Lots of power full steam ahead.

Going to hit shoulders and hamstrings tonight. Love training shoulders. Gonna try 34kg dumbbells for overhead press

DAY 14

TRAINING
    Shoulders and hamstrings

Seated shoulder press
    Warm up 16kg 24kg
    Working 34kg 4 or 5 reps. 2 assisted 2 negative
    Working 30kg 7 or 8 reps. 3 assisted 1.5 negative

Side lateral dumbbell raise
    Warm up 12kg
    Working 3 sets 16kg various reps and forced reps (wasn't happy that I used all the gas in my tank at the end of each set so I pushed another set with less reps and more forced reps)

Shrugs
    Warm up 40kg each side
    Working 55kg each side

Seated leg curl
    Warm up
    2 working sets 60ishkg

Prone leg curl
    Warm up
    Working 54kg 5 or 6reps with partials

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    2 banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3200ish calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac
    Preworkout

Weight 185lbs
    AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

Coming up on week 2. Keep going hard
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Coming up on week 2. Keep going hard
    Thanks cape will do

Went to sort something that I was putting off for a while. Found out they were shut because it's a bank holiday. That's pissed me the fuck off today. Need to try and relax. Just arrived at work and I can feel my blood pressure up.

Try again tomorrow I guess...

Weight was 183.5lbs

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Don't go by weight go by the mirror and how your clothes start getting tighter - HIT is truly the way to build tons of muscle tissue along with burning bf!

Keep going hard brother I'm watching too!
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Don't go by weight go by the mirror and how your clothes start getting tighter - HIT is truly the way to build tons of muscle tissue along with burning bf!

Keep going hard brother I'm watching too!
    Yeah man but I want to see the weight go up haha I'll try to tear myself away from it.

I really like training like this but it's like a brainworkout. I come away mentally exhausted needing a nap.

Nevertheless I will destroy this competition thanks for your support
    Capebuffalo and AKD_FitChick like this.

DAY 15
    Was quite jittery and pissed off this morning about something but turned into an okay day. Gym shut early so had no time to train. Also bought spinach instead of brocolli by accident so I'm pretty upset about that. It's cooking in the microwave as I speak. Will keep you guys updated if I hate it or not.

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Spinach
    50g peanut butter
    3000ish calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac
    200mg caffeine

Weight 183.5lbs

DAY 15
    Was quite jittery and pissed off this morning about something but turned into an okay day. Gym shut early so had no time to train. Also bought spinach instead of brocolli by accident so I'm pretty upset about that. It's cooking in the microwave as I speak. Will keep you guys updated if I hate it or not.

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Spinach
    50g peanut butter
    3000ish calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac
    200mg caffeine

Weight 183.5lbs
    Update. I really don't like spinach.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Solution

Smashing out quads and abs this morning

Smashing out quads and abs this morning
    Apparently I'm getting a blood test before it...

Update. I really don't like spinach.
    Put it in your shake and blend it. You dont taste it

Put it in your shake and blend it. You dont taste it
    Spinach?! Aw man. I guess I'll try it. Chuck some oats and peanut butter or something in it. I've got a couple of bags of it because I'm in idiot and thought it was brocolli

Spinach?! Aw man. I guess I'll try it. Chuck some oats and peanut butter or something in it. I've got a couple of bags of it because I'm in idiot and thought it was brocolli
    Yes i have a big bag daily blended. What's taste got to do with it anyway?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread Information