Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: ghettoboyds competition log...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Looking meaty as hell brother!
    thank you brother...

Blog Entries
    week 5 day 5 I skipped the gym today to ride my favorite mountain today so 2 hour hiit stye cardio...I fucking so beat right now I still cant see clearly from all the brain shaking and eye jiggle that riding over rock gardens and roots will do when your hitting that shit at speed...I love it but I think I suffer from some head trauma from all the shaking...ill be ok I'm sure its time for food and my wifes company while we watch our Celtics get there ass handed to them by Cleveland...enjoy life my friends...
    MuscleScience and songdog like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Your legs looked veiny AF, nice work
    ghettoboyd likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Wow you look amazing!!! Your legs are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and triceps!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    thanks guys it means so much coming from people I have so much respect for...
    MuscleScience and NACH3 like this.

BG
    And well done on the full body pics!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    And well done on the full body pics!
    got a ways to go especially with my back but thank you BG...

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    got a ways to go especially with my back but thank you BG...
    Put lots of effort into, like legs. I like pro-thickness one week then a pro-width the next. I do 5/2 accordingly.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Lmfao I blew a fit after I took a video of me squatting and reality of my thinning hair was brought to my attention. I was depressed, it hurt me deep I have a plan, I think I can get some back about to set it into action

Looking good buddy! Keep up the hard work.
    I'm realizing now that I'm bound for the George Costanza look...fuck me...my hair is so thick on the sides and back but on top its in "full retreat"...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 169356Attachment 169357Attachment 169358Attachment 169359Attachment 169360Attachment 169360Attachment 169361Attachment 169358Attachment 169362I've finally gotten the phone pic thing figured out these are all taken this morning flat no pump...im coming for you doc...
    Your Looking great GB - I'll follow up BGs comment on back... fill in your lower back development and I've always done rows upon rows and obviously I'll start from the top and work down lat pull downs(use one arm rev grip to hit your lower lay insertions as well / slow and controlled with hard squeeze at peak contraction!

Can you do deads or rack pulls? They're great and you can go heavier on rack pulls something I'll be hitting today - arms and everything especially legs look great!

Add in some weighted hypers to failure at end of w/o for lower back development! I think thickness would fill you out moreso imho
    BB Bent over rows
    T-bars
    CG seated rows
    Pendulay rows(elbows flared hitting upper back)
    Long bar rows to nipple line would also hit your upper back just gotta keep elbows flared - and any lat activation you need to have elbows in and arch your lower back while popping your chest out at the peak of contraction! Hope this helps - keep bringing it brother!!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-21-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    Capebuffalo and ghettoboyd like this.

Blog Entries
    thank you for the tips brother I will spend more time on it I didn't realize how far behind it was until I started to take pics for the comp...I literally had never seen my back before so I assumed what I was doing was effective...I do have trouble feeling my back and developing the mind muscle connection...I also agree its time to start deadlifting again its been a while...thanks again everyone...

BG
    I'm realizing now that I'm bound for the George Costanza look...fuck me...my hair is so thick on the sides and back but on top its in "full retreat"...
    Im going with finastride and rogain right now
    NACH3 and ghettoboyd like this.

Blog Entries
    yes this is a reality that I am looking into now...I cant see myself looking good bald and shaving the head daily would be a pain so its time to try something...

BG
    Sorry for the short post buddy, I hate posting from my phone.

On my thickness day I do 5 pull/row exercises with 2 pull down (lat) exercises. The next week I do 5 pull down exercises with 2 row. It works pretty well for balance and allows you to really focus on width one week and then thickness the next. Back is a huge muscle group, it needs to worked hard and heavy. My 5 exercise's are heavy and intense, then the 2 are higher rep, paused with perfect form.
    Last edited by BG; 05-21-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the short post buddy, I hate posting from my phone.

On my thickness day I do 5 pull/row exercises with 2 pull down (lat) exercises. The next week I do 5 pull down exercises with 2 row. It works pretty well for balance and allows you to really focus on width one week and then thickness the next.
    thanks BG for expanding on your original post I was going to as what you meant by 5/2...I will give it a go...I mostly do all the various rows and only do pulldowns wide grip overhand and underhand grip occasionally...I will spend more time on them...thanks again for your input it is always appreciated...

Blog Entries
    week 6 day 1 chest biceps

flat barbell bench press 4 sets
    incline barbell press 4 sets
    incline dumbell press 4 sets
    cable crossovers 4 sets

barbell curls 4 sets
    preacher curls 4 sets
    hammer curls 4sets
    revers grip curls 4 sets

weighted ab machine

did 2 hrs. of hiit style cardio mountain biking Sunday, it was beautiful outside and I had a blast...it ended up being just under 12 miles(its a mountain so remember half is uphill) but it was enough to kick my ass for the rest of the day...hope everyone is well, just realized after this week the comp will be half over...its going by pretty quick...later on...

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    GB,
    You get a lot done, you must have very short rest periods and/or long workouts?
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    GB,
    You get a lot done, you must have very short rest periods and/or long workouts?
    I have a training partner so my rests are as long as it takes to get his set done...less than a minute sometimes more on the heavy sets but we are there to work so id say an hour tops...
    Quester likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I have a training partner so my rests are as long as it takes to get his set done...less than a minute sometimes more on the heavy sets but we are there to work so id say an hour tops...
    Does he do the same reps/sets as you with the same training style?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Does he do the same reps/sets as you with the same training style?
    pretty much, he is more or less my trainer...he is bigger than me he is older than me and he is stronger than me and we have been training together for 8 yrs now so I am always challenged because I don't like changing the weights so I use what he uses as well...trust me we are not standing around talking about feelings and shit...lol
    Quester likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    pretty much, he is more or less my trainer...he is bigger than me he is older than me and he is stronger than me and we have been training together for 8 yrs now so I am always challenged because I don't like changing the weights so I use what he uses as well...trust me we are not standing around talking about feelings and shit...lol
    Nothing wrong with a couple of bodybuilders chatting feelings lol. Good good. I train with my dad who i have now mostly overtaken strength wise... he cant do high intensity trainimg because hes just a bag of injuries. No cartilage in his knee joint, dislocated shoulder, pec tear... list goes on.

Lucky you youve got someone who mirrors you lol

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cool pics Ghetto! Look amazing and many of the pics were good!
    Now to get some when you're in full pump at the gym!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Cool pics Ghetto! Look amazing and many of the pics were good!
    Now to get some when you're in full pump at the gym!
    thanks brother I suck a posing but at least the pics have better detail from the phone...hope all is well with you...
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Blog Entries
    week 6 day 2 legs

week 6 day 3 triceps delts cardio 30 min

don't feel like logging these as I tired from helping my sister move some furniture many miles and then setting it up for her but I got a great lunch at a local bbq joint out of it so it was worth it...plus she family I cant say no to her...its cool how later in life someone you swear you hated as a child could become one of your best friends later in life...

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Doing a dam good job there GB!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Doing a dam good job there GB!
    thank you my friend I appreciate that...

Blog Entries
    week 6 day 5 back

overhand wide grip bent over barbell rows 4 sets
    one arm rows dumbbells 4 sets
    pull downs with v handle 4 sets
    weighted lower back machine 4 sets

seated calf press 4 sets

hope everyone has a great holiday/weekend...remember the fallen soldiers and those who serve today, this weekend and everyday...enjoy my friends...

Blog Entries
    week 7 day 2 chest triceps

incline barbell press 4 sets
    flat bench barbell press 4 sets
    cable crossovers 4 sets
    dumbbell flys 4 sets

barbell curls 4 sets
    reverse barbell curls 4 sets
    concentration curls 4 sets

abs 4 sets

took Monday off cus the gym was closed for the holiday....mountain biked 2 hrs. hiit style cardio sunday, yeah baby...
    BG, hollowedzeus and NACH3 like this.

BG
    Workouts looking good, well done on the bike ride! You got some exercise in. How are you feeling?

BG
    Hey whats your chest and trap work out?

Blog Entries
    Workouts looking good, well done on the bike ride! You got some exercise in. How are you feeling?
    I feel pretty dam good really considering what I put my body through...im for the most part very resilient to all the endurance type exercise but it is catching up to me, I push my CNS to the limits on these rides and it is counter productive to some degree with my training some days...but believe it or not I do this for fun...
    Quester likes this.

Blog Entries
    what do you mean? I logged my chest workout post #148...did you want like what weights I use for each exercise or something?...as far as traps I do them when I do delts, mostly barbell and dumbbell shrugs...and I guess upright rows hit them as well...I need to start deadlifting again but my shins are busted up from the Mnt biking...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Me too lol
    BG likes this.

BG
    Oh ok missed, looking at it now.

BG
    I feel pretty dam good really considering what I put my body through...im for the most part very resilient to all the endurance type exercise but it is catching up to me, I push my CNS to the limits on these rides and it is counter productive to some degree with my training some days...but believe it or not I do this for fun...
    Thats what I was wondering. I just couldn't do the mountain biking anymore and had to cut down on my quad riding also, my body just wouldn't recover from it all. I wanted to see if you took extra time off after a ride before training again?

Blog Entries
    Thats what I was wondering. I just couldn't do the mountain biking anymore and had to cut down on my quad riding also, my body just wouldn't recover from it all. I wanted to see if you took extra time off after a ride before training again?
    not really but when the comp is over I'm probably going to add another rest/cardio day and go to the gym 3 days a week for the summer...that said when my CSN is shot and feeling wrecked I do take a week off that happens 2-3 times a year to be honest and yes It dose effect my training as far as weights and PB goes...
    BG and DocToxin8 like this.

Blog Entries
    week 7 day 3 legs

leg extensions 4 sets
    leg press 4 sets
    barbell squats 4 sets
    stiff legged deadlifts(for hamstrings) 4 sets

weighted ab machine 4 sets

started of the morning with 30 min cardio on the elliptical...got a nice nap In before the gym today that was a nice opportunity taken...
    DocToxin8, BG and Capebuffalo like this.

Blog Entries
    week 7 day 4 triceps and delts
    everything done with cables today for triceps..

press downs 4 sets
    over head press 4 sets
    underhand grip press downs 4 sets
    rope press downs with twist at the end 4 sets

dumbbell side laterals 4 sets
    upright rows 4 sets
    delt press machine 4 sets
    dumbbell shrugs 4 sets

hope everyone is well.... the weekend is coming yeay!....
    Capebuffalo and DocToxin8 like this.

Blog Entries
    week 7 day 5 back

underhand grip bent over barbell rows 4 sets
    tbar rows overhand grip elbows out 4 sets
    under hand grip pulldowns w/strait bar focus lower lats 4 sets
    rows w/rope focus upper back 4 sets

weighted ab macine 4 sets
    cable ab crunches 4 sets
    lower back extension machine 4 sets

that's it I'm smoked...5 more weeks to go...the tren is killing me I already asked my wife for a divorce a week ago, we laugh about it now but I remember why I divorced tren a few years back...I need to ride this out and keep my cool because its almost over and its gone by fast enough just have to not loose my shit anymore...have a great weekend my friends...

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I noticed you combine biceps and triceps with different groups from week to week?
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information