Thread: Cla

dallas is offline Female Member

Cla

Hi everyone! I am new to the board...but have really learned alot from everyone's posts. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has used CLA as a supplement? I have been using CLA, glutamine, multi-vitamin and calcium. (as well as MRP shakes). I was wondering if anyone had any input on their supplements or on CLA.

thanks!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I have used many of the supplements that you mentioned. Do me a favor and re-post your thread in the supplement section. You will get alot more replies about this from there.
    IC
    Oh yeah and welcome to AR. I think you are going to like it here.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid linoleic acid. Preliminary animal and test tube research suggests that CLA might reduce the risk of cancers at several sites, including breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, skin, and stomach.1 2 3 4 Whether CLA will have a similar protective effect for people has yet to be demonstrated in human research.

Animal research suggests an effect of CLA supplementation on reducing body fat.5 6 Limited controlled human research found 5.6–7.2 grams per day of CLA produced nonsignificant gains in muscle size and strength in experienced7 and inexperienced8 weight-training men.

Animal research also suggests an effect of CLA supplementation on limiting food allergy reactions,9 preventing atherosclerosis,10 11 and improving glucose tolerance.12 As with the cancer research, the effects of CLA on these conditions in humans remains unclear.

Thread Information