Thread: Hi! New Member

Sheadgurl is offline Female Member

Hi! New Member

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums and new to working out...I would like to learn as much information about working out, dieting, and staying fit...I was told I have come to the right place. If anyone has any suggestions on where I should start please let me know!

Arian is offline Associate Member
    Basically, there are different sections. Go to the dieting section and read the stickies, and go to the training section and read the stickies. Then once you know what you don't know, go ahead and start asking questions. Welcome.

6ft5 is offline Member
    ^^agreed. Jump on the tread mill and get the cardio up before you decide to hit the iron. What are your stats? And welcome to the board.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Welcome mate!

Knowledge1st is offline New Member
    Hi, you may want to buy a cheap food scale. You won't have to weigh everything you eat from now on, but it will help you figure out where your diet is, and where it needs to be. Take the time to weigh out what you eat for a week or so, and look at what the caloric value of each meal, and each day is. You can easily figure out how many calories you need each day based on your age height weight, and activity level. There are many sites where you can plug this information in and it will tell you how many calories you need each day. With this all said, this takes alot of desire to change, and I will be the first to admit, knowing and doing are two different things. I know where I need to be, but only meet my daily needs 3-4 days a week. I am trying to change this, because I have about 10% too high body fat. Good luck, stick with it and you will be happy with your results.

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Welcome to the board

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to ar

Thread Information