lopezland is offline New Member

personal trainers

My husband is going to take a test to try to be a personal trainer. does anyone know how much money he could possbily make and what chain of gym would be the best for him to try and find a job in.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    bump
    im curios about this one to
    abstrack@protonmail.com

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Depends on what area of the country he lives in, his background/experience, how much he wants to train and how hard he is willing to work to pick up clients. Get him to sign up and we can help him, if no one answers you can PM me and I will be more than willing to help you out.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you live on the West Coast - he could work at 24 Hour Fitness. They will force feed him clients and they pay per hour based on how many Certs he has. This would help him get started.

letsgetwithit is offline Female Member
    PM "testaprim" he used to do that untill a couple of weeks ago

LGWI

Decoder is offline Banned
    24hourfitness 1 cert = 15/hr 2 certs=18/hr 3 certs= 21/hr
    im quiting 24hourfitness soon he can have my job, 24hourfitness barely force feeds i havent had a client handed to me in like 4 months i get my own.
    Last edited by Decoder; 01-27-2003 at 09:21 PM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Decoder
    24hourfitness 1 cert = 15/hr 2 certs=18/hr 3 certs= 21/hr
    im quiting 24hourfitness soon he can have my job, 24hourfitness barely force feeds i havent had a client handed to me in like 4 months i get my own.
    I guess what I meant is the gang in sales will "provide" trainers with prospects - after they leave the sales desk, it is up to the trainer to close a package...

Those "free" fitness sessions are a good chance for a trainer to meet someone interested in making a change and wants direction. The "free" fit session usually ends up in a sale for the trainer - if they are good at closing the sale, which is ultimately up to the trainers ability to teach.

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    Ive been training for quite awhile. PTbyjason put it best, depends on how hard he wants to work. Ill let you know its not an easy living. Ive got my ACSM, and NSCA-CPT, each cert has diffearent qualifactions to it, plus to remain certified you must continue buying C.E.C.'s. So look into all of them, some will pay better because of the education behind them but will also cost the most. As for a chain of gyms, none! All franchise gyms pay shit. Once, and if you decide to get into the field. Find a private gym and either sub out or find a niche that will pay for your expertise. If you have any more questions go ahead and PM me.

-anabolicmyo

it's more of an attitude thing, i noticed the super happy hyper girl trainers at my gym have alot of clients. The clients like the companion ship over time and re-sign, so attidude really matters in that field.

oh yah good luck with 24hourfitness they are really picky. Odd's are he needs past experience.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Ironically, I've made the most money training from people whom i did not even "train", per se, but rather were paying for someone to talk to while they were on the treadmill or going through their sets. This was accomplished by setting up my own little business on the side and working out a deal with a nearby gym so that I would have somewhere to bring my clients. As an early-20's younger guy, most of my clients were 45+, and the kind of people who believe that if you're in shape, simply being associated with you will get them in shape...additionally, those are the ones that pay the most in my experience...i'd normally charge around 20-30 an hour, with a small percentage of that going to the gym. Of course, i never had enough to cover a 20 or 40 hour week, probably about ten hours a week or so.

Carve out a niche would be my advice.

Thread Information