marsda2003 is offline Female Member

New...and clueless

Hello everyone. I am 5'9" 32 y/o female. I have been lifting on a regular basis for just shy of a year now. I added in Crossfit Endurance a couple months back in an effort to get the fires burning quicker. I have seen strength gains, and a huge increase in energy; however, I have not seen the fat loss I was hoping for.

I am willing to put in the work in both the gym, and in the kitchen. Checking out this site to gain any information to find a stack that will help me in a cut I wish to begin.

Open to any advice that can be given.

Thank you in advance.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Welcome. You're in the right place. How about we start with the diet? Do you have a current meal plan you could show us with macros? Do you know what you're TDEE is? Or a bodyfat percentage? You say you're looking for a stack that will help...have you tried anything before?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't worry about the stack, if you did not automatically post what you currently eat, and its macro's, its a safe bet its all in the diet at this point. Go to the nutrition section and you will find a great deal of information to get you started.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

marsda2003 is offline Female Member
    I roughly followed zone ratios for months, but had weekly cheats. A few weeks ago I switched to a ketogenic diet, and have started to see progress again. I seem to lose weight and, more importantly, body fat very slowly. I started tracking my body fat about a year ago. I lost a good deal around my midsection, and it didn't want to drop my bodyfat beyond a fraction of a percent. So, I ditched that method. I began using measurements to calculate my body fat using the calculator at davedraper.com. I have been able to see progress through this method. It places me at 32.1% A 3-point caliper test put me at 25%. Visually, based on images like the one below I am 30% at the most. In any case, I feel it should be further along. Which would be the most reliable method? Calipers, or measurement calculator?

I just used a TDEE calculator, and it put me at 2632. Subtracting 20% for weight loss put me at 1899. I air for 1850 on days I lift workout, and 1600-1650 on days I do not.

I have not tried anything besides diet and exercise before. I am thinking of a Clen only, or Clen/T3 cycle in conjunction with my Keto diet. Any advice will be appreciated.

New...and clueless-body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Diet and training is always a good place to start. I would suggest post a typical daily menu in nutritional forum along with training schedule for a week. You will get an assessment of changes to meet your goal. Please include height, weight and bf% estimate and goal.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    How much do you weigh?

I just read your last update. At 30% bf approx you may want to focus on increased cardio. But also adding in weights and I don't mean the group fitness glasses with 10lb dumb bells.

What is your total protein and carbs and fat for the 1700 plan? Could be that you r not eating enough protein (Often the case for gals). I aim for 45-50 % protein and do not do well on high carbs so I restrict theses to 20% and opt for healthy fats for the balance.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome!!

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.

NumLock is offline Junior Member
    You are welcome.
    And goodluck!

SonofBragi25 is offline New Member
    Hey there! Hope you're enjoying it here so far. Welcome to the fam

Thread Information