• 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By almat
  • 1 Post By almat
  • 2 Post By *Admin*

Thread: Help! Menopause Mess

almat is offline Female Member

Help! Menopause Mess

Hi..I'm a newbie here. I desperately need some help/ advice from any if u lady BB who hit menopause. My hormones are all low virtually gone. . No estrogen..progesterone or test . My body is soft,mushy, muscle wasting and fat in my tummy and hips are ridiculous. My mental state isn't that good as this transformation is depressing me . Guy friends say do a cycle drs say HRT ,but I'm nervous about adding estrogen ,something as a former competitive BB I would never do. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP !!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum, you need to talk to your doc. I'll give admin the heads up so you can be turned pink so you can access the ladies sub forum.
    almat likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Welcome! I'm going through menopause myself. It sucks! My advice, if you want it, is to diet and train like you did when you were younger. When you're at 12-18% bodyfat have your hormones checked again. You might not need hrt at that point.
    With my very low estrogen levels at this point in my life I feel putting on lean muscle might be easier than when I was in my 20s. But of course diet is 95% of the equation.
    With your background as a competitive bodybuilder you have a huge advantage. You can do this!
    almat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Welcome to the forum, you need to talk to your doc. I'll give admin the heads up so you can be turned pink so you can access the ladies sub forum.
    Thank you so much !
    clarky. likes this.

Thank you.. my son agrees with cleaning up my diet. Since the op & hitting menopause the carb craving is out of control. My body has changed immensly. I'm at the point of wanting to stop my training cause I seem to be going backwards. I've lost all my size and shape. PeanutbutterDC thank u for your suggestions & kind words.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Thank you Clarky! always helping and getting things done!
    Obs and clarky. like this.
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almat View Post
    Thank you.. my son agrees with cleaning up my diet. Since the op & hitting menopause the carb craving is out of control. My body has changed immensly. I'm at the point of wanting to stop my training cause I seem to be going backwards. I've lost all my size and shape. PeanutbutterDC thank u for your suggestions & kind words.
    Something that really helped me with carb cravings and losing 25 pounds fairly quickly was a high protein, moderate fat, trace carb diet. When I first saw the diet plan I thought no way in hell am I gonna be able to stick to this, but it turned out to be the easiest diet I've ever done (and I'm a life-long dieter)!
    Hmu for additional details if this sounds likes something you're interested in.
    On a side note: my older sister lost about 20 pounds during the same time period on a 40-30-30 plan, and a guy friend lost 100 pounds on paleo (over 14 months in his case). My point is: different approaches work better for different people.
    Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by almat View Post
    Thank you so much !
    Your welcome, hope you get the advice/help you need. We are all here to help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by *Admin* View Post
    Thank you Clarky! always helping and getting things done!
    Your welcome.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I just had full BW done and I’m low on testosterone . Follow up consult with dr later this week. I’m open to HRT!

Thread Information