Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By Chicababy
  • 1 Post By Chicababy

Thread: Female 26 - First Time Running Var - Tips needed!

Chicababy is offline New Member

Female 26 - First Time Running Var - Tips needed!

Hi everyone,
    I'm 26... Mommy of 3 (all under 4). I had my last 6 months ago.
    I'm 5'8 and 178 lbs. Aprx 32% BF

My diet consists of clean eating 170g Protein, 78g Carbs, 35g Fat (1370 calories- and frankly I have a hard time eating this volume of food.)

Training: EDT training 7 days a week (unless I'm really burnt out then I just do cardio only for 1 day.)
    Cardio 4-6 days a week (2-3 10 min jogging miles depending on if it was a leg day or not..)

Running Var for 8 weeks
    At the end of week two... have large supply of legit stuff if anyone recommends longer run.
    (1st week 5 mg split each day, 2nd 10 split, 3rd-6th 15 split 3 times a day, 7th 10 split, 8th 5 split, then PCT for 1 month) No sides but a bit hotter than normal 🤗
    Also taking CLA1250, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Biotin and Vitamin A (making sure skin stays perfect), B12, Vitamin D, Daily Women's Multi

Me about 3 days ago (worst I have ever been but 3 and 3 years of Breastfeeding in succession with a special forces husband deployed over half the year, 3 kids under 4, & running a small business, will do that to a gal. Fixing it now!)

I am putting on muscle, losing size in measurements, and maintaining my weight exactly. As you all know it is super hard to get a really accurate BF% so I do intend to get a DEXA scan down the line (at aprx 24% BF).

Any tips?
    Are My carbs too high?
    Should I do two sessions of EDT a day?
    Advice in general for a newbie? Husband designed my program and he is ridiculously in shape.
    Is this just newbie gains causing the scale number not to budge despite the calorie deficit?
    Anything you can think of?

Will try to get a full body Pic up soon for better advice as things change.
    Thanks!
    Chica!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Female 26 - First Time Running Var - Tips needed!-20180613_003757.jpg  

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicababy View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm 26... Mommy of 3 (all under 4). I had my last 6 months ago.
    I'm 5'8 and 178 lbs. Aprx 32% BF

My diet consists of clean eating 170g Protein, 78g Carbs, 35g Fat (1370 calories- and frankly I have a hard time eating this volume of food.)

Training: EDT training 7 days a week (unless I'm really burnt out then I just do cardio only for 1 day.)
    Cardio 4-6 days a week (2-3 10 min jogging miles depending on if it was a leg day or not..)

Running Var for 8 weeks
    At the end of week two... have large supply of legit stuff if anyone recommends longer run.
    (1st week 5 mg split each day, 2nd 10 split, 3rd-6th 15 split 3 times a day, 7th 10 split, 8th 5 split, then PCT for 1 month) No sides but a bit hotter than normal ��
    Also taking CLA1250, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Biotin and Vitamin A (making sure skin stays perfect), B12, Vitamin D, Daily Women's Multi

Me about 3 days ago (worst I have ever been but 3 and 3 years of Breastfeeding in succession with a special forces husband deployed over half the year, 3 kids under 4, & running a small business, will do that to a gal. Fixing it now!)

I am putting on muscle, losing size in measurements, and maintaining my weight exactly. As you all know it is super hard to get a really accurate BF% so I do intend to get a DEXA scan down the line (at aprx 24% BF).

Any tips?
    Are My carbs too high?
    Should I do two sessions of EDT a day?
    Advice in general for a newbie? Husband designed my program and he is ridiculously in shape.
    Is this just newbie gains causing the scale number not to budge despite the calorie deficit?
    Anything you can think of?

Will try to get a full body Pic up soon for better advice as things change.
    Thanks!
    Chica!
    Welcome, Chica! You have a lot on your plate so it is very impressive how well you're doing taking care of yourself. Good job!

Some thoughts on your protocol:
    Women don't need PCT
    IMHO your doses are low, don't need to taper, and don't need to split
    Again, IMHO it's a bad idea to run a cycle with your bodyfat that high. My coach had me at 12-13% bodyfat before even considering AS

Anavar helps you gain weight, not lose, so the fact you are staying the same is pretty impressive (probably bc such low dose and low calorie diet)

What is your goal in taking Anavar?
    What is your goal for your body in general?

Best wishes!

Hi thanks for your reply!
    I am just splitting to keep the dose relatively even in my blood levels considering the 6 to 8 hour half life. If it's not necessary then I'm probably not hurting anything right?

I think my hubby has me in EDT for the first few weeks (we switch training programs next week and I was training prior to anavar ) bc I simply was so weak I needed to build up some strength. Would love to know your training recommendations for when I switch up my program.

My basic goals are to get to a tight toned 155ish (22% to 24% BF).. I know that is high compared to a lot of goals here but I like myself that way.. it's maintainable.. and hubby LOVES me that way too.. although he never complains.

My goal with the Anavar is to gain and maintain lean body mass while lowering/burning Body Fat (which so fat with my crazy strict diet and intense training I have been able to do it seems.) I don't know how long this effect will last considering I am still losing baby weight (I stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks prior to beginning Anavar and my body holds on to fat stores like crazy when Prolactin is in control.)

Can you tell me why it's a bad idea to run Anavar with my body fat this high? I have no desire to get super low.. just be fit, toned, and tight (in my happy place, you know?) Anavar has def aided in muscle production thus far as I've done intensive training without it post baby before and it's taken me 3 times as long (if not longer to reach this muscle/strength amount.)

Any information and advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I attatched my excel chart of my diet for review if interested. Day 7 is not left off bc it's a cheat day.. I just have 6 days on my excel sheet in case I desire to carb cycle at some point (not now.)

I keep excercise logs as well.

Muchos Gracias!! Female 26 - First Time Running Var - Tips needed!-20180613_182306.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180613_182306.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	173156

Hi thanks for your reply!
    I am just splitting to keep the dose relatively even in my blood levels considering the 6 to 8 hour half life. If it's not necessary then I'm probably not hurting anything right?

I think my hubby has me in EDT for the first few weeks (we switch training programs next week and I was training prior to anavar ) bc I simply was so weak I needed to build up some strength. Would love to know your training recommendations for when I switch up my program.

My basic goals are to get to a tight toned 155ish (22% to 24% BF).. I know that is high compared to a lot of goals here but I like myself that way.. it's maintainable.. and hubby LOVES me that way too.. although he never complains.

My goal with the Anavar is to gain and maintain lean body mass while lowering/burning Body Fat (which so fat with my crazy strict diet and intense training I have been able to do it seems.) I don't know how long this effect will last considering I am still losing baby weight (I stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks prior to beginning Anavar and my body holds on to fat stores like crazy when Prolactin is in control.)

Can you tell me why it's a bad idea to run Anavar with my body fat this high? I have no desire to get super low.. just be fit, toned, and tight (in my happy place, you know?) Anavar has def aided in muscle production thus far as I've done intensive training without it post baby before and it's taken me 3 times as long (if not longer to reach this muscle/strength amount.)

Any information and advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I attatched my excel chart of my diet for review if interested. Day 7 is not left off bc it's a cheat day.. I just have 6 days on my excel sheet in case I desire to carb cycle at some point (not now.)

I keep excercise logs as well.

Muchos Gracias!! Click image for larger version. 

ID:	173156Click image for larger version. 

ID:	173156
    You're so organized! That's awesome!

You're correct, it doesn't hurt to split the dose.

Your goals are yours! Nothing wrong with 22-24%
    However you feel best is truly a great place to start when considering goals

If it's working for you, go for it! In general taking AS will increase bodyweight, and unless super careful (as you're being) some of that weight will be fat. Most people are unhappy with that outcome. And a problem (especially with aromatizing AS- Anavar is not) is an elevated propensity for undesirable sides when bodyfat is high. Furthermore a lot of people want to jump in with AS before getting their training and diet in order and a regular habit- they expect a magic pill and instant results, and then gain weight, often mostly fat, and gave a horrible experience. And even if an athlete gains only muscle, if she still has a layer of fat over it chances are she'll be unhappy with her results (true for men, too). So, for many reasons it is suggested to have a low bodyfat and history of diet and training in order before starting AS. That said, if what you're doing is working for you, do it!
    Chicababy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    You're so organized! That's awesome!

You're correct, it doesn't hurt to split the dose.

Your goals are yours! Nothing wrong with 22-24%
    However you feel best is truly a great place to start when considering goals

If it's working for you, go for it! In general taking AS will increase bodyweight, and unless super careful (as you're being) some of that weight will be fat. Most people are unhappy with that outcome. And a problem (especially with aromatizing AS- Anavar is not) is an elevated propensity for undesirable sides when bodyfat is high. Furthermore a lot of people want to jump in with AS before getting their training and diet in order and a regular habit- they expect a magic pill and instant results, and then gain weight, often mostly fat, and gave a horrible experience. And even if an athlete gains only muscle, if she still has a layer of fat over it chances are she'll be unhappy with her results (true for men, too). So, for many reasons it is suggested to have a low bodyfat and history of diet and training in order before starting AS. That said, if what you're doing is working for you, do it!
    Thanks for the clarification. I understood that Anavar lacks many of the undesired aromatization properties so did not understand why it would be a poor choice to run with a carefully orchestrated diet and training plan. I also monitor every single measurement and my weight daily (as well as weekly try on smaller clothing etc) to make sure results are on par and I don't need to change things. I'm trying to be super careful and posting here to make sure I'm being as thorough as possible!

Question? After my first cycle is over, if my carefully managed diet has not allowed me to lose enough fat percentage to satisfy me... Would the best approach to be to continue training and eating clean while increasing my daily caloric intake to a 500 cal deficit below my TDEE? I understand from several studies Anavar muscle gains tend to stick around post cycle where fat gains do not... but I do not want to go Catabolic at too low a caloric intake while not taking Anavar to boost gains and maintenance of lean mass.
    Thanks!
    Chica

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi. Kinda late to this party.

I recommend focus on diet and training first before introduce AAS. At 32% body fat you haven’t mastered the basic foundation of diet and training to get the benefits of adding steroids . I started at 22% with goal of increasing lean body mass. I retained a lot of water ( so bloated) but as soon as that came off after ending cycle I was at 18%.

Your diet and training will yield more results then AAS.

I’m more of a mid length for cycles. 6 - 8 weeks. I tried 12 and cutoff early bc I was stacking primo and var at higher dosage and starting to feel unwanted sides.

Thanks for the clarification. I understood that Anavar lacks many of the undesired aromatization properties so did not understand why it would be a poor choice to run with a carefully orchestrated diet and training plan. I also monitor every single measurement and my weight daily (as well as weekly try on smaller clothing etc) to make sure results are on par and I don't need to change things. I'm trying to be super careful and posting here to make sure I'm being as thorough as possible!

Question? After my first cycle is over, if my carefully managed diet has not allowed me to lose enough fat percentage to satisfy me... Would the best approach to be to continue training and eating clean while increasing my daily caloric intake to a 500 cal deficit below my TDEE? I understand from several studies Anavar muscle gains tend to stick around post cycle where fat gains do not... but I do not want to go Catabolic at too low a caloric intake while not taking Anavar to boost gains and maintenance of lean mass.
    Thanks!
    Chica
    It's awesome how educated on all this you are. You've done your homework
    And you're really thorough!

Your diet plan for post cycle fast loss sounds good to me. Remember you're not trying to gain or loose a ton of weight so whatever fat you still need to lose will be minimal, and whatever leans you lose (assuming training and adequate protein) will also be minimal.

If you haven't already please check the nutrition and training forums. So much great info! And the anavar profile has a section of info for women. One last suggestion: post questions on the forums specific to the topic and you'll get great advice from the vets
    Chicababy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi. Kinda late to this party.

I recommend focus on diet and training first before introduce AAS. At 32% body fat you haven’t mastered the basic foundation of diet and training to get the benefits of adding steroids . I started at 22% with goal of increasing lean body mass. I retained a lot of water ( so bloated) but as soon as that came off after ending cycle I was at 18%.

Your diet and training will yield more results then AAS.

I’m more of a mid length for cycles. 6 - 8 weeks. I tried 12 and cutoff early bc I was stacking primo and var at higher dosage and starting to feel unwanted sides.
    I have gotten diet and training down to a good science. This is loosing baby weight. 3rd baby within 5 years and last and I've gotten my body back in between each time despite having pre-eclampsia and high risk pregnancies with a relatively short window to work hard on myseld... and again I do not want to go below 22-24% bodyfat personally. Just my preference for my own body.

Var is all I will be using for the reasons above.. Thx
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Thanks so much! Your advice was really helpful! I feel confident in my research and plans for the most part and will make adjustments as needed!
    ❤Chica
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Thanks so much! Your advice was really helpful! I feel confident in my research and plans for the most part and will make adjustments as needed!
    Chica
    Will u be keeping a log to update us on your progress?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Will u be keeping a log to update us on your progress?
    Well I already started this cycle so maybe? I'll take a look at how some of the other logs are laid out and see about starting one.

I've been doing some research on SARMS as something to run between cycles of Var. What would be your opinion on running a 12 week Osterine cycle while on break from Var? Same diet plan, good training.. an additional way to ensure lean body mass is not lost.. and burn fat?

Well I already started this cycle so maybe? I'll take a look at how some of the other logs are laid out and see about starting one.

I've been doing some research on SARMS as something to run between cycles of Var. What would be your opinion on running a 12 week Osterine cycle while on break from Var? Same diet plan, good training.. an additional way to ensure lean body mass is not lost.. and burn fat?
    I’m never used SARMS and I don’t know why I never thought to use! I like the way you think!

Thread Information