Thread: 30 and tired

2small4now is offline New Member

30 and tired

Hello all,
    I wanted to introduce myself and say hi to all as I will probably live here in hopes of gaining new ideas. I am about to turn 31 and have been trying to lift semi-seriously for the last 5 years or so. However I have never weighed over 120 pounds in my life. Now as my daughters are getting older I find it is getting harder on me as they are quickly approaching my own body weight. Some of you may say so what? Well it is a big deal when your whole life you have been "little fellow", "runt" or a thousand other cleaver nicknames by the guys who have been able to be bigger.
    SO here I am , maybe it is my diet, maybe it is just that I am predisposed to being small for life. But I am on a quest to find out no matter what and am open to the expertiese and knowledge of a few of you who truely know what its like and may have a better idea of what may be the problem.
    Thank you and hope to make a few friends in my area or anywhere.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Go check out the diet forum fella thats all it is IMHO do a nice bit of reaserch and you will GROW GROW GROW. I used to think i had a fast metabolism and be a hard gainer but i just got my diet in check and never looked back.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Genes have alot to do with it, as does your diet....

With diet changes, you can do ALOT of good....

Diet is where to start. Read this: http://forums.steroid.com/read-here-first/113010-unoffical-how-bulk-thread-sample-diet-post1139112.html

How tall are you? What does your training split look like? Do you sleep enough?

Welcome to AR.

Thanks for the responses.....all are appreciated. I work at a steelmill, usually 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. Seems like it would suck however we do have a weightroom at work. So I have been talking and training with some of the "heavy hitters" at work, and right now they kinda got me on a gaining diet I think they call it. I try to vary it up a little as I have a hard time eating the same things all the time, but mostly it goes like this:
    Wake up around 5 pm eat - try to eat roughly 4 eggs, 2 cups of oatmeal, and a 6 ounce glass of juice.
    At work around 630 pm- try to eat a lean beef burger made at home with approx. 1/4 cup of swiss cheese on it, and 1/2 cup of mixed vegg.
    First break at 11pm- chicken breast or pork chop/1-cup brown rice-1/2 cup veggies
    next break at 3 am- 1 can tuna mixed with 1/2 Tbsp. high fat mayo and 1 tbsp. relish with 2 tbsp. peanut butter
    Off and home at 7 am- try to eat a chicken breast-1/2 cup of rice and 6 oz. skim milk

This has been pretty much my routine and diet for the last month or so and nothing in the weight gain dept. I have seen some decent gains in my lifts since taking on a better or healthier diet, as I used to live at Mcdonalds. But I just cant seem to bust over this 120 range. I have been as high as 130 at one point, as I was taking creatin and a couple other supps. but I guess it was pretty much all water weight.
    I dont think I over train, as I usually only spend an hour or 2 max in the weightroom a day, and always give my muscles 2-3 days off between training. I never train on Sundays as it is the only day I ever get to spend with my daughters with no interuptions. So- there is my life in a nutshell.
    Once again thanks everyone in advance for you time and comments.

Read the thread I posted for you, it's a great base to work upon...

2 hours in the gym is a long time if you're not including cardio...

2-3days off between training a certain bodypart? Or between training days?

How are your sleep habits? Get at least 8 hours a night......

Blown thanx for your replys... I try to give body parts 2-3 days off not completely out of the gym. If I am strictly lifting I am generally out of the gym in an hour. I just get in do what I need to and cool down. However 2 to 3 times a week I add cardio on the steppers, bikes, or in the pool. Thats where the 2 hours may come in to play.
    Plus as I said the gym is at work, and inevitably there will be others in there who feel that I am there simply to talk about work. So not all that time frame is spent lifting.
    Thanx for the link also....I am heading to read now.

I would suggest splitting your cardio and weights up time-wise...

If you perform cardio before weights, you are tiring yourself, and hence causing your workouts to be less intense...

If you perform cardio directly after weights, you are either:
    a) Doing so before ingesting your PWO nutrition, which should be ingested within the first 15 mins PWO.... not good.
    b) Doing so after ingesting your PWO nutrition, which is entirely counterproductive.

At your weight, I would def. stop performing cardio for 'fatloss' reasons... however, including it for health reasons is still fine....

Do you squat? Deadlift?

Give these a read, some excellent training threads:
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=145988
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=145799
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=128817
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=145987
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=146351
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=146348

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Welcome...

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    welcome to the site bro...EAT BIG and CLEAN

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR! I know if you read the forums on diet and training and really want to change you can, it will not be easy and it will at times be painfull. but if you really "want it" it will be worth the effort!

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome dude.
    As your knowledge grows, than so will you

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR,galad to have ya
    TGO

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    hello

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to AR

hugeishuge is offline Junior Member
    good luck bro gainin' some mass! welcome

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome aboard, bro - you came to the right place.

The_CrewChief is offline New Member
    Hey man I was 6 months ago. I feel your pain. I am currently 163. I have been eating around 2600-3500 calories a day. I have gotten most of those gains because of this board and it's bad ass members (Swolecat, Workdude, Prime and a few others). All I can say it LISTEN TO THEM.[U] I am going to get as far as I can naturally after that I am going AS. IF you want my opion, you are spending way to much time in the gym. 45 minutes to an hour tops!! Stay away from cardio and fast food. Trust me. If you want you can email me anytime or pm and I would be happy to help you out with your work out program and some of your diet. Carbs and Protein are your new best friends. Good Luck and God Bless!!!

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    welcome to AR and thats what you get for joining...

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    welcome to AR

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    welcome..

Thread Information