Thread: New Member

PlainFlying is offline New Member

I am new to the site and have been reading posts for weeks before I signed up. I would be one of the skinny guys who have been working out for years and can not put on weight. I started working out during high school and weighed about 115lbs, not to mention I was 5'10". All throughout college I worked out and still couldn't get past 145lbs. So after college was over and I got married I stoped working out and got soft. Now 30 years old I am egar to start my workout again and am convinced I can put on some pounds.

I have always been very athletic and my current body fat percentage is 12%(on the high side for me). I have a very small bone structure so the muscle I put on looks okay. My stats right now are 5'10'' 145lbs. My 6 month goal is to get to 165 lbs. I am not sure if just working out hard and eating right will do the trick so when I hit a plateau I will be looking for some help!

Thats the skinny on me! I look forward to learing more and staying healthy.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome! but at 5'10 you should be able to break 175 naturally. Dont look at steroids as the solution it is your diet that is terrible.

Lets Talk Diet

I will assume my diet does suck, must suck if I have not been able to gain weight in the past. What would you suggest for a diet? How many calories should I be taking in per day? How many meals should I be eating a day? How much protein should I be ingesting per hour/day?

I know genetics play a big roll in how big one can get. At what point am I able to tell where my body will not grow anymore naturally? Thanks in advance for the input.

Okay, I tend to try to build the bookshelf before reading the instructions if you know what I mean.... I am going back to the directions...Educational Forum!

Look forward to learing about proper diet!

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Welcome!

Bad Viking is offline Junior Member
    welcome

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    The diet forum is indeed where your questions will be answered.

Thread Information