EghtySx is offline Junior Member

First Time Long Time

Hello everyone.

I have been reading this for a while, finally joined, and thought I should at least introduce myself a bit.

First I'd like to say a couple of things though. You guys are awesome! I have found more information here, good quality information, than I could have imagined. But, more than that, the way you guys want to help out people is not something you see in this world everyday. I am both impressed and encouraged by everything I have read. The attitude of this board makes me want to learn as much as I can so I can help other people as you guys do. So I want to thank you all and promise you that I will try to share what I have learned and hopefully encourage someone else to do the same.

OK, enough of the drippy shit =)

I am 42 years old and have worked out off and on since HS but have spent the last few years basically on the couch. When I decided to get back in shape I started with cleaning mp my diet and straight cardio for the first few weeks before hitting the weights. At my age progress has been slow. Then a guy at work had a suggestion. Since this guy looked great I listened. Then I found this site and the answers I was looking for. I am gearing up now for my first cycle and keeping a log. I probably wont start for another few weeks as I want to get past the holidays and spend a little more time in the gym first.

Vitals
    42 years old
    5'10"
    155 lbs
    maybe 10% body fat? (not sure on this one, will know before I do anything)

I have always been a skinny guy/hard gainer but had tons of energy. Then I had some surgery on my back. (not what you think, it was a growth on a nerve and they said my back is in great shape with no bone or disc damage and the Doc has cleared me for whatever I want to do) Well, I had to basically sit around for 6 weeks after, not lifting over ten lbs and then another 6 weeks at nothing over 25 lbs. That was several months ago and I am having trouble getting my energy level and strength back. Well, not trouble I guess, just that my body responds a little more slowly at this age. I have been to see my doctor and had bloodwork done so I am hopefully getting everything ready to start changing things.

OK, I feel like I might be in danger of rambling here if I don't wrap this up so I just want you guys to know how much I apperaciate ya'll and this forum. I hope that maybe I can help some of you out someday.

Thanks again, 6
    Last edited by EghtySx; 12-18-2008 at 03:18 AM.

natureboy is offline Member
    Welcome to AR

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Welcome!

ilovesus is offline Member
    Welcome

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome dude

Thread Information