tooDameSkinny is offline New Member

New and too skinny

Hello, Noob here.

Personal Description:
    web developer
    23 yo 125 lbs 6'1 ft

Let's just say i am this skinny guy.
    http://stronglifts.com/how-to-gain-w...r-skinny-guys/

Yes... I am too dame skinny. I hate so much hearing somebody telling me to eat-up. Though, it is true. It is just really hard for me to eat. It is very easy for me to be full. I can eat anything and not gain weights. I used to go to the gym twice a week with my roommate. That didn't go well. After months of training, I found myself with no real physical results.

Whey Protein? That didn't help. I am not use to the taste, i sometime ended up pooking it.

Doctors said I am healthy, just skinny.

Please help!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Welcome, Just read and read and read all you need to know is in here. good luck. Real Protein I mean eat real beef, chicken, fish, all day everyday (2grams per pound of body weight)..and workout five times a week hitting each muscle group one time a week. Good Luck

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    welcome bro. if your thinking steroids are your answer let me asure you that there not. you dont want to hear it but your problem is your diet. you need to eat every 2 hours. if you eat you will grow, its a fact. even all the steroids in the world wont make you grow if you dont eat enough. check out the diet section here and learn how to eat.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    eat 6 different meals a day. evenly spaced out, every 2 - 3 hours.

drink whey protein shakes. casein protein before bed.

Simply put: you AREN'T eating enough. You have to train your body, to accept a much larger intake of food. Start off slow, 4 large meals per day, and build up to 6 or 7.

I'm 6'2, and right now I'm sitting at 174 pounds. And I'm still WAY too skinny. The optimal weight for our height is around 190.

Don't stop going to the gym "because it didn't work for you"... that just means you aren't working out effectively / enough. You have to hit the gym HARD, and more then twice a week.

Good luck.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Welcome. I will echo the diet comments above. At your size and weight you need to work out hard and eat harder. Drink those weight gain shakes and see what happens bro!

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome bro. List your diet in the diet forum and we'll all be able to help you out.

ray0414 is offline Member
    if your doctor tells you that you are healthy then i suggest a new doctor. your going to have to eat more, but it takes a lil time to build up a big diet, insert a lil more food every few days or so. whey protein is normally only for after you work out, and should not be a staple of your diet.

tooDameSkinny is offline New Member
    thank you! glad to be here.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I was in the same situation when I was younger. I decided to change my life one day and forced myself to eat 10x per day til I was nauseous. I think I actually did puke a few times.. You just have to do it. Your body will gradually adjust to the food.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    whey protein is normally only for after you work out, and should not be a staple of your diet.
    I'm not trying to call you out on this comment, but rather trying to learn. Can you expand on this comment? I have not heard that it is strictly for post-workout. I agree that it would be more beneficial to actually get protein from food sources, but that is not always convenient for working people.

thanks!

m2k27 is offline New Member
    great video on dieting. just finishing watching it myself. Milo f*ckin rocks!!!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=323516

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

Padsterdog is offline New Member
    Welcome, If you keep your portions down at first but eat more regular like the others say your body will get into a patern and boy will you be hungry if you then start to skip meals. Loads of protein drinks out there so find one that mixes and tastes nice to you and you will find them easier to drink. You need a structured training program also that fits in with your life. 3-4 times a week with a solid basic routine of squats, deadlifts, Bent over rows and Bench to build a good foundation. Your local gym/instructor should fit you up. Good luck, work at it. Keep reading!!!

rkennedy9064 is offline New Member
    Yea man if your 6'1 and that skinny eat all the food you can and just give it time. I'm 6'1 and started off at 140 lbs in june, im up to 176 right now. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal of 200, but just keep eating, training and getting a ton of rest and you will put on weight like crazy.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    welcome bro. if your thinking steroids are your answer let me asure you that there not. you dont want to hear it but your problem is your diet. you need to eat every 2 hours. if you eat you will grow, its a fact. even all the steroids in the world wont make you grow if you dont eat enough. check out the diet section here and learn how to eat.
    I second that. You can spend all your money on gear and without the proper amount of food and cals (quality intake of nutrition) you won't grow nearly as much as you desire. It will be money wasted. Learn to grow without the gear, then look into other alternatives once you have reached your potential with an earnest effort.

Try some of the over counter products to kick start you like weight gainers and creatine before going hardcore.

crf450x is offline Associate Member
    hello.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    that link says drink 1 gallon of milk a day...i have never seen anyone do that

Thread Information