MotivatedN00b is offline New Member

Utter Newbie Seeks Advice

Hey Guys! New to the site and wanted to introduce myself

22y/o former colligate athlete from Chicago here who is finally committing to my dream of being a massive Bodybuilder. Been working out consistently for about 6 years and then an additional year of "casual" workouts once i stopped playing ball. But at 6'1", 220lbs, and 19% body fat, I am under no illusions that this will be quick, cheap, or easy. But I want it regardless.

I figure I am (optimistically) about 3 years of hard dieting and training before I'd even consider my first cycle, and I want to do this right. I do know my way around a weight room, my problem is my coaches took care of everything for me. They gave me supplements, all of my workouts, and my meal plans so now I feel like a complete newbie.

I still get workouts from my former lifting coach and workout about 5 days a week and my diet is decent but nowhere near where it should be. I want to be able to plan workouts and meal plan for myself.

Im hoping to find some good resources/literature to read in the meantime. I especially need to know about nutrition and workout plans tailored specifically for bodybuilding rather than football. Trying to find anything online has been a waste of time and i dont know whats bull shit and what isnt so I figured Id ask around. Also, would appreciate anything on the science behind steroids and cycling.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks Guys

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome.... Everything you want to know can be found here. Here's something to get you started. http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-steroids.html

Welcome to the board. Educate is paramount my friend.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome and hit our diet section they can help you out.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Jphunter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatedN00b View Post
    Hey Guys! New to the site and wanted to introduce myself

22y/o former colligate athlete from Chicago here who is finally committing to my dream of being a massive Bodybuilder. Been working out consistently for about 6 years and then an additional year of "casual" workouts once i stopped playing ball. But at 6'1", 220lbs, and 19% body fat, I am under no illusions that this will be quick, cheap, or easy. But I want it regardless.

I figure I am (optimistically) about 3 years of hard dieting and training before I'd even consider my first cycle, and I want to do this right. I do know my way around a weight room, my problem is my coaches took care of everything for me. They gave me supplements, all of my workouts, and my meal plans so now I feel like a complete newbie.

I still get workouts from my former lifting coach and workout about 5 days a week and my diet is decent but nowhere near where it should be. I want to be able to plan workouts and meal plan for myself.

Im hoping to find some good resources/literature to read in the meantime. I especially need to know about nutrition and workout plans tailored specifically for bodybuilding rather than football. Trying to find anything online has been a waste of time and i dont know whats bull shit and what isnt so I figured Id ask around. Also, would appreciate anything on the science behind steroids and cycling.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks Guys
    Welcome brother , if endless knowledge is what you seek this is the place . Between the search engine and the years of experience from the combined members you should find everything you need here . Sounds like you already have a good head on your shoulders so just keep an open mind and you will be able to feed you mind to feed your body ! If you find that the site is what your looking for please tell your friends so they can join as well so we can continue to thrive as a group .

yesidont is offline Associate Member
    welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Thread Information