Thread: Need Advice !!!

LiveHappy is offline New Member

Need Advice !!!

My situation is a bit different than most most and I really need some good sound advice please help !! A little about myself I'm a 45 year old male with narcolepsy and very bad sleep apnea. I take very strong medication to stay awake and very strong medication to sleep and this is where my problem lies ! I know in order to get and stay healthy it requires three very important factors ! We work out to break our muscles down then we eat healthy to feed our muscles and give them what is needed to recover and grow stronger and we rest to give them time to recover ! This is the main ingredient I'm missing !! REST !!! My condition doesn't allow me to rest ! There are three stages of sleep and usually we reach stage 3 within 30 to 45 minutes after falling asleep and this is where we rest where our body and minds get the rest needed to fill better the next day ! I am hardly ever able to reach stage 3 ! I stay between stage 1 and 2 where we are stuck between awake and asleep ! So here's the problem I never rest so I hurt all the time !!! I'm sick of hurting ! I want to be able to run again and workout but when I do anything that breaks my muscles down it takes me 10 times as long to recover even longer if I worked them hard ! I'm not looking to look like the hulk I just really want to be able to get more in shape and definitely not hurt anymore ! I know everyone says no juice until being in the gym for several years but if I can't get through one week in the gym what do i do ? I would rather not have to do any juice but I don't know where else to turn !! I've been to the doctor and have had all the blood work and everything comes back normal so it all points to my disability plus I have a problem keeping an erection do to my medication ! I wouldn't wish what I'm going through on anyone !! Looking for some good sound advice please help if you have any ideas !!!!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.
    I was having trouble sleeping, not as bad as you but my doctor put me on 50mg Trazadone and 3mg Lunesta. Now I can sleep solid through almost 8 hours. I also have a CPAP which does wonders.
    That is the best I can offer. Good luck man.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Paragraphs are your friend, welcome

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Welcome.
    I was having trouble sleeping, not as bad as you but my doctor put me on 50mg Trazadone and 3mg Lunesta. Now I can sleep solid through almost 8 hours. I also have a CPAP which does wonders.
    That is the best I can offer. Good luck man.
    Hey Tiger,
    If your having luck with Lunesta, good. When i took it i developed a meanstreak. Trazadone is better as it doesn't have the negative effects that the z-drugs do (ambien, lunesta and the other one...). Trazadone doesn't negatively impact the REM cycle, the others (including all other psych drugs except the sleep drug belsomra) do.
    LH,
    I was dating a girl who had narcolepsy. Except for her sleep problems she was completely different than i. However, her doctor had her on sleep drugs for narcolepsy. I hope this helps, but i also know that you've probably received this advice from other places (and forums) who have much greater experience and knowledge about this.
    Last edited by Quester; 08-01-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: had to put "do" after the )

Thread Information