IowaBrian is offline New Member

Totally New To Steroids, Doing Some Research

I've been working out and watching my diet for the last two years plus. Up to the two year mark, I lost around 50 lbs and built some pretty decent muscle and was making great progress. However, I'm older (be 49 in Feb), and a few months ago it seems like I've hit a wall. I've not lost any weight since September (give or take).

I know I'm still exchanging fat for muscle, as I'm still dropping in pant and shirt sizes. However, I'm busting my ass in the gym and being really strict on my diet, and I don't want to be a 250 lb muscle-headed hulk. I'd like to get back down to around 180-200. But I feel that if I keep doing what I'm doing, that's exactly what's going to happen, is I'll be one of these guys that are "muscle-fat" (meaning, you can tell they have a lot of muscle and they're strong, but they're still packing some extra weight).

Right now, I'm at 250 lbs (give or take, it fluctuates). I know my body fat % is high, but dropping. I went to my doctor to get a testosterone check, and she refused, saying that even if it was bottom of the barrel, she wouldn't prescribe anything, especially "at your age" (yeah, I'm changing doctors).

I'm 5' 10", if that helps. My goal, as I said, is to reach the 200 lb mark. I'm not going for "ripped", just in shape, but hey, if it happens it happens.

I'm asking for advice because a) I know nothing about this stuff, even though I've been reading on it I find it confusing, and b) I haven't the foggiest idea where to get it (that's safe and not a scam, I mean). I'm not looking to be on this stuff for a long time, just long enough to get me to my goals.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum, great place to be. Take your tume read learn and ask as many Q as you want, we are here to help.
    Remember this is just the intro section so any Q you have post them in the right sub forum for the best help.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information