Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HDThunder

Thread: Old But New Again

Doublewide1 is offline New Member

Old But New Again

Hello,
    Yup, getting older as I am a 48 year old male. Been working out steadily since the beginning of college. Actually worked out at same time and same gym as Ronnie Coleman back in the day. Yes, that old. I have always lifted weights since I started. I bet I was 5’11” and 165 back when I started at 19. As with most I have had big transformations over the years. Probably strongest was when I was around 30. An extremely solid and cut 215 lbs. I remember I did flat bench DB with 90’s twenty times. I hit 1100 lbs. for reps on leg press. I know I was on HGH for about six months along with things I don’t remember. Also have had times when I quit working out, ate like ****, had a kid so I had to keep up with the wife’s eating habits. I think I got up to 240 lbs. and just stared at the scale. Had 38 waist buy really could have gone to 40’s but I refused.

There is a little background on me. I had some test work done recently, literally. Levels were pretty low but not low enough for insurance. My sex drive had almost turned to zero. I would do it just to hook up the wife because I did not care.

I decided it was time for a cycle. Nothing crazy. I needed test and my body was not making enough. I do have to be careful with my liver as levels run on the high end. My levels have always just tested high. In college my doctor told me my levels were a little high and to not to drink for 6 weeks. Somehow I did not drink for 6 weeks went back and it was same numbers. So I went on about my business and have lifted fairly regularly since college.

So starting stats:
    48 years old
    193 lbs.
    No major lifts to report. Just what you would expect for a 48 year old that weighs 200
    No idea bf% but I am not fat but not cut. I usually keep track by my waist size which is 34.

Researching liver safe(er) options I decided to go with 300 mgs of NPP and 300 mgs of Test Prop. Arimidex on hand if I need it.

I started April 2nd at 193lbs. On May 12 I weighed 216. And ****ing stronger. Obviously, too much water. I thought so. Maybe some would be jumping for joy and I was happy about my progress. Started Arimidex .5mgs eod. Cut NPP down from 100 to 50 and up the Prop to 150mgs. And started drinking more water. A lot more.

Today I am 202 which may make some sad but waist was getting tighter and I am stronger than at 216 lbs.

Approximate change in lifts:
    Seated calf raises: 3 wheels to 5 wheels for 10
    EZ Curl Bar: Maybe 80 for 10; today 120 for 15
    Seated Tricep Extensions: probably 65 for 10; today 85 for 30. Yup, 30.
    Seated DB Bench: maybe 60 for 10; today 80 for 17 (I had 20 easy and then there was nothing)
    My arms become so pumped it hurts and I didn’t do measurements but I get a few comments on the guns each day.
    Everything much, much stronger.

I am going 12 weeks on this one and may bump it up to 16.

It’s been a long time since I did a cycle. Well it was that last one when I was around 30. I am doing research but I am also working my ass off.

Make fun of my cycle but all I ask is you give me your opinion in return. A lot of people with a lot of info.

Point me in the right direction if I’ve aimed wrong and look forward to reading the board often.

Keep it real.
    Last edited by Doublewide1; 06-30-2018 at 07:42 AM.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublewide1 View Post
    Hello,
    Yup, getting older as I am a 48 year old male. Been working out steadily since the beginning of college...

Sent from my iPad
    Welcome! You might wanna edit some of your personal information (name and phone) from your post
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 06-29-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Doublewide1 is offline New Member
    Too funny. Long story but I wrote everything and copy and pasted it and emailed it to myself and then I copy and pasted email to this. Feel free to call me if you got my number before I edited it. I’m a good listener.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome aboard!

Kinglondon is offline Junior Member
    Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you’re doing great man! My entire philosophy around working out has changed significantly since I’ve gotten older. I prefer keeping my weight under the 200lb. mark, usually closer to 180-185ish and super lean. Definitely feel way better and can do so much more! All natural other than a test e cycle 5 years ago but I’ll be changing that right away. About to go on a test e/eq/Anavar cycle. I think you’re doing great so keep it up. Keep the body fat down, do your cardio and eat clean.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome

Stop over-thinking, simplicity facilitate many things.

BlakeJ is offline New Member
    Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

HDThunder is offline Junior Member
    48? Hell, that's not old! LOL 56 here. Welcome!
    jdaeg likes this.

Thread Information