Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By C27H40O3
  • 1 Post By Family_guy

Thread: New member

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Greetings bredren. Hello from New York. I am 55, about 225 lbs, mostly fat, and recently got put on testosterone Cypionate due to low numbers resulting from long term, about 7 years, opioid treatment for pain management. Symptoms were always Dragging ass, gained 25 pounds in last two years, tired all the time, low sex drive, lack of hard dick except maybe twice a week, etc...
    Got bloodwork done, test number was 241 ng/DL and free T was 3.0.
    My doc put me on 200mg test cyp 1x week along with 1mg Anastrozole three days after my injection.
    I felt too much peaks and valleys effect, so I split it up to 0.5 ml test every three or four days. Doc says it’s ok. I am almost done with my second month. It seems like it had more beneficial effects the first few weeks. Maybe it’s in my head.
    Anyway, I haven’t worked out in over 25 years, but the place told me I should start. I tried two weeks back with my friend at planet fitness. It was good under his guidance. But Monday I tried working out myself in the basement with my old weight bench. I just injured my upper arms and chest muscles. I didn’t stretch right I guess, and I feel like I got hit by a train in the upper body. I’m finally recovered a bit by thurs night.

This was just a short intro. about me. Just one question. Would it be reasonable to bump up the dose to .75ml 2x week, totaling about 300mg per week? I told My doc that I feel like a bit dragging again, so he says “yeah, just bump it up a bit” but he wasn’t too specific. What’s the consensus ?

Also, I gave the anastrozole a break for a week. I think it drags my energy down. Can I safely do that for awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 05-23-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Welcome aboard!

You will have better luck with your questions in the HRT forum. That said, you probably ought to ask the doc to pull estrogen (preferably E2 sensitive) to get a good gauge on your anastrozole use. It may not be necessary or you may need to adjust your dose - can't say for sure without numbers. 300mg / week of Test is starting to creep into cycle territory, not HRT.
    I really don’t know much about this stuff. What is the difference between cycle and regular HRT? If it’s too simple a question, you can point me to where I should read or search for myself.
    Thanks

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome man! Definitely check out the HRT section. We have some super knowledge guys that are always willing to help. I’m not an expert by any means but I’ve learned a lot on here
    Cylon357 likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

Thanks

timothy5983 is offline New Member
    Welcome!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Definitely read the stickies you can learn a ton of great info. That’s what I did.

aflames is offline New Member
    Welcome, what he said ^^

Ok got my latest bloodwork done and would like some opinions on what I need to do to get anything important back in line.

I could post any particular section if needed. That is just the recap from the cover page.

I don’t know why they are blurry

Last edited by C27H40O3; 10-31-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Maybe these are clearer screen shots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood recap.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	177418

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood recap 2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	177419
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 10-31-2019 at 11:24 PM.

These screenshots came out clearer. My T level is over 1500. How high is too high?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    These screenshots came out clearer. My T level is over 1500. How high is too high?

First off welcome.

You’re total T range isn’t too high. For your labs, guessing top of the range is 1200 and change. Didn’t see your “free test” score which is a good indicator too. Your estrogen is also very low. I’d back of the anastrazole. Try cutting the dosages in half. I would stick with what was prescribed but splitting the shots to twice weekly is a smart move. You need consistency and bloodwork to establish a baseline and if you keep bumping it up it’ll be hard to chart properly. The difference between optimal test levels and super physiological are a big difference. You’re certainly not ready to cycle and will have plenty of test to feel good and strong again while maintaining a correct level. What I’ve learned about being on TRT is managing the symptoms and it’s hard to do if you’re tinkering with your dosages all the time. Stay the course and continue to get labs at least every 90 days for the first year. Don’t crush your estrogen so low (IMHO) and keep an open and honest dialogue with your doctor

And lastly, take these guys advice and go lurk in the TRT/HRT section and read and post there. Good info to be had. Good luck!

Thanks. I had stopped taking the anastrozole soon after I started TRT but my E2 levels got too high on paper so the doctor told me I should start to take it again, even though I had no noticeable side effects, other than a bit of bloating. I started one pill a week, and now my E2 is too low. I will try a half pill once a week along with my 100mg T shots every 3.5 days. It seems I have a lot of values out of range this time.

Additionally, My BP is averaging 160/105 lately, so now I need to look for a BP Med also. Any suggestions? My friend who got me into TRT to begin with takes losartan.

My whole hypogonadal condition is due to a long term course of treatment with opioid pain medication for a spinal disc condition. I know that messed with my endocrine system. I cut that opioid dosage in half in the last year and I am going to taper down to a very low dose this coming year.

I do get kenellog steroid injections in my back every three months, to treat the inflammation of the discs and bone, if that has anything to do with anything.

Thanks for all the help. There is better advice here than my doctor gives occasionally. I asked him if crashed Estradiol could cause some ED, he said “no, less of that is always better”.

Last edited by C27H40O3; 11-07-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Nackel is offline New Member
    I like that your lab has reference ranges for AM and PM cortisol

Thread Information