9Rota is offline New Member

Post The eternal weakling

Greetings all, I'm the new guy.

Besides introducing myself, I wanted to get a few things off my mind regarding looks, weight, genetics, steroids , and this forum.

You hear this all the time, "I'm a hard gainer", well I am. In fact me and my two other brothers are. So is my dad. We're skinny, we eat a lot, they do more than me, and yet not one kilo (or pound) more. Never. Zero. Nada!

I am 22 now. I joined a gym last year tired of befriending new girls and at some point hearing something along the lines "we'll you'll fit in our car, you're so little!" or the dreaded "you should eat some more!"

When I joined the gym, I weighted 120lb. I bought protein shakes, bulk 5000^2 shakes, etc. Religiously I went to the gym 4 times a week, did my sets, came back home to eat, drink a shake twice a day, eat fruits, and rest --- they say you must rest a lot as well.

One year later, I weight 121lb (I just ate). Yes I got slightly more toned, but no mass, no weight, no meat. My GF still complains of her head hurting when she tries to rest her head on my chest to watch TV. Bones. My shoulders are narrow.

And here comes the rant: I start seriously reading about steroids two days ago, different kinds, side effects, why teens shouldn't do it, watched the INJECTED videos, I'm getting sold on the idea. This must be my solution to my genetic disadvantage (Thanks Dad! You too grandpa!).

Today I register in the forum and start lurking around, and I see guys who look much much more than I would expect, or want to look like even after I took steroids talking about and asking advise on trying them for their first time themselves. And more than once I saw an answer that got my blood boiling. There's still a lot more you could achieve by improving your nutrition.

WHAT!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Didn't you just hear my story? One pound after one year of working out, following some other nutrition system found online, counting that I intake more than enough calories, carbohydrates and all that per day and still nothing, and I come to a Steroid forum to see NUTRITION advise????

I tried that. I'm ready for the magic stuff now. The blue pill Neo takes on The Matrix. But hear this: My goals, no, scratch that, my desire is not to even look like many of the body builders in this forum. I don't want to be ripped like that. I just want my size S shirts to fit properly without too much clothe hanging. Possibly increase to size M. That's it. I want an athletic body, defined. I don't want the glorious pecs or the killer biceps. No.

Look at this guy: I want something like that. Just a little more meat. That shouldn't be hard, right?

So, mild steroids, or better nutrition?

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    first off welcome, second off get your diet in check

there is plenty of info here

Quote Originally Posted by 9Rota View Post
    Greetings all, I'm the new guy.

Besides introducing myself, I wanted to get a few things off my mind regarding looks, weight, genetics, steroids , and this forum.

You hear this all the time, "I'm a hard gainer", well I am. In fact me and my two other brothers are. So is my dad. We're skinny, we eat a lot, they do more than me, and yet not one kilo (or pound) more. Never. Zero. Nada!

I am 22 now. I joined a gym last year tired of befriending new girls and at some point hearing something along the lines "we'll you'll fit in our car, you're so little!" or the dreaded "you should eat some more!"

When I joined the gym, I weighted 120lb. I bought protein shakes, bulk 5000^2 shakes, etc. Religiously I went to the gym 4 times a week, did my sets, came back home to eat, drink a shake twice a day, eat fruits, and rest --- they say you must rest a lot as well.

One year later, I weight 121lb (I just ate). Yes I got slightly more toned, but no mass, no weight, no meat. My GF still complains of her head hurting when she tries to rest her head on my chest to watch TV. Bones. My shoulders are narrow.

And here comes the rant: I start seriously reading about steroids two days ago, different kinds, side effects, why teens shouldn't do it, watched the INJECTED videos, I'm getting sold on the idea. This must be my solution to my genetic disadvantage (Thanks Dad! You too grandpa!).

Today I register in the forum and start lurking around, and I see guys who look much much more than I would expect, or want to look like even after I took steroids talking about and asking advise on trying them for their first time themselves. And more than once I saw an answer that got my blood boiling. There's still a lot more you could achieve by improving your nutrition.

WHAT!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Didn't you just hear my story? One pound after one year of working out, following some other nutrition system found online, counting that I intake more than enough calories, carbohydrates and all that per day and still nothing, and I come to a Steroid forum to see NUTRITION advise????

I tried that. I'm ready for the magic stuff now. The blue pill Neo takes on The Matrix. But hear this: My goals, no, scratch that, my desire is not to even look like many of the body builders in this forum. I don't want to be ripped like that. I just want my size S shirts to fit properly without too much clothe hanging. Possibly increase to size M. That's it. I want an athletic body, defined. I don't want the glorious pecs or the killer biceps. No.

Look at this guy: I want something like that. Just a little more meat. That shouldn't be hard, right?

So, mild steroids, or better nutrition?
    why the hell would you wanna look like that guy

9Rota is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    there is plenty of info here
    Thank FREAK.

To answer your question, from where I am now, to what he looks like, would be an improvement for me. It would take possibly just 15lbs more and a tan. Like I said, I'm not a body builder, I just can't gain weight by eating alone. And the shake supplements haven't done anything for me.

I'll keep educating myself here meanwhile. Thanks for the welcome. I will check my diet with the advise presented here.

welshmaster is offline Junior Member
    Welcome
    With your current diet, do you ever gain any fat? Just asking because my friend claimed he eat loads, he had the same body type as you do, and even when he ate 4000 cals a day he wouldn't gain at all- no fat nor muscle. It wasn't until he bumped it up to 7,000 cals that he actually started to gain weight, gained some decent size and still stayed lean.
    Loads of information here to aid you in reaching your goals.
    Good luck

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    Welcome.
    Dude all your body type determines is that you have to eat a lot more than a stocky type to grow.But you CAN grow, just read the diet forums.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Welcome.....the solution to your problem is not a magic pill nor a shot, the solution is in the kitchen.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Welcome aboard, you got a lot of work ahead of you.

Good luck

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I would set my goals a bit higher than looking like that guy...but hey, whatever floats your boat!

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Make haste slowly...

9Rota,

Hey buddy,

First, stop thinking about yourself as "the eternal weakling". That train of thought is gonna defeat you before you even get started. Also, who gives a shitte about what "girls" think. You're doing this for yourself, buddy. If the chicks sit up and take notice... well then... good for them.

You've been working out for a year and have gained ONE WHOLE POUND. Well, big deal! What does the mirror tell you? If you've got a good gym routine and are eating properly you're probably a lot buffer and more athletic skinny kid. By working your ass off you're laying a foundation that all the other guys, fat or skinny, are NOT laying for themselves. Keep adding to your diet and workout knowlege before you try the "magic beans". I can almost promise you that if you start steroids now you will make mediocre gains that will frustrate you more than any slow natural gains would; and when you go off you'll probably give up lifting alltogether.

I'm not singing out my arse here, either. I weighed 150 lbs. when I graduated from high school. My only athletic prowess was as eight-man in a crew shell... and I was a little light even for that. I started lifting in college but didn't touch 'the stuff' until I was in my late 20's. Today I play prop-forward in Rugby at 280 lbs. and hold the squat record in my gym (admitedly, not too hard a thing to do at my gym. )

You're life isn't half-over, bud; it's barely even begun. Lay the foundation for the body you dream of owning. "Make haste slowly." Believe me... the joy you're gonna feel at your ten year class reunion is going to make you f***ing explode.

-BigLittleTim

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Felt the same way .. But it's the diet. Get your food in check, go constantly over and over the current members past advice, routines, and THE STICKYS help alot. I have been trying different diets and finally been able to gain within one month compared to trying to gain for a whole year before i joined here. If you search my threads you'll see my before and after pic within one month. Some of the more experienced members on here know alot more than most people out there publishing books. REAd eat READ, eat, READ and workout...I use to be stuck at 125lb so i know the frustration. I am currently at 170lb.
    I came on here believing i'm gonna get to know which steroid to take instead every where you go there bombard these words " check your diet" lol... and it's true... I don't plan on getting on juice for a long time to come....As they say use your " NATTY"

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    welcome

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
    9Rota,

Hey buddy,

First, stop thinking about yourself as "the eternal weakling". That train of thought is gonna defeat you before you even get started. Also, who gives a shitte about what "girls" think. You're doing this for yourself, buddy. If the chicks sit up and take notice... well then... good for them.
    -BigLittleTim
    quoted for truth.

don't be your worst enemy...and...

the magical stuff, doesn't exist....no matter how much drugs you slam into your system - if your whole life, diet, training isn't in check - the only thing you will see is side effects.....

i wish you the best. i'd hate to see you go down the wrong path and endup hurt or regretting what you did.....

don't shut out others and their advice when they say diet... the people on here want nothing but the best for each other - listen, learn, grow.

Thread Information