tallguy23 is offline Junior Member

New Member Looking for Advice

I'm looking for some advice on what to do to improve my body. I'm 24 years old and have been working out fairly seriously for two years now. I played minor league baseball for two years right out of high school till I had shoulder surgery and my arm was never the same and I went to college and played basketball for 3 years because I graduated in 3 years. and felt it was time to move on with my life. I don't have what people would consider a bad body, just not the ideal that I want. I'm what some might consier skinny fat. I look great with a shirt on, but have a slight stomach when I take my shirt off. I don't gain fat anywhere but over my abs. I think it was from being on the road for baseball and eating fast food all the time it stored there.

My current measurments as of monday morning when I woke up. All are unflexed

height 6'8"
    weight 242.4 lbs
    chest 44 7/8"
    arm 15 1/8"
    calves 16 1/2"
    quads 26 1/2"
    waist 38 1/2"
    bodyfat between 14-20% depending of site. I used calipers and body measurments. I honestly have all my fat right on my waist.

Right now I'm not sure if I should cut, or bulk up. My worry is gaining too much fat, but I want my measuremnts to increse. Long term goals are 17.5" arms, 49" chest, and a waist 34" or lower.

I have been doing some more reading where it is easier to gain muscle when you have a lower % of body fat than a higher %. If you have a higher % and gain 5 lbs, 3 will be fat and 2 muslce where the lower % would be 4 muscle and 1 fat just as an example.

Any sugestions on what I should do to reach my goals? Should I try to cut my bf, or just keep bulking up? Normally I would say it is easy to just cut, but I dont have what I consider a huge ammount of muslce mass and can't spare much. Thanks in advance guys.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to AR........

Good luck,

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    welcome

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    welcome bro. if you post this in the appropiate section it will get alot more responses to your questions. enjoy your time here.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Welcome aboard

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    welcome bro. if you post this in the appropiate section it will get alot more responses to your questions. enjoy your time here.
    Where should I post it?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Welcome

Thread Information