JaseMaris is offline New Member

39 Miami and outta shape

Hey,

Just thought I'd say hi.

Moved down here (Miami) a few months ago and long story nobody wants to here later I've let myself go horribly... I'm so pissed at myself for letting myself get sucked into the evil cycle of sitting around depressed and eating myself fat.

Well I've had enough of it and I've started the painfull climb off the couch and back to the gym. I'm in the stage of it hurts to move any muscle and I'm tired all the time. It's going to be weeks before I get back into shape... prolly months to be honest I'm a mess.

I stopped by here and started looking through the stickies and I'm confused as hell already but I'm glad I started now. I've never down a cycle and I'd like to know as much as possible before I start. I'm thinking 3 months till I start my first cycle, goal being really strong and lean so I don't hurt myself.

I'm ashamed to admit this but this is where I'm at...
    39 years old
    6 feet
    215 lbs
    24% bodyfat... errr

A year and half ago I was 185 Lbs 8% bodyfat then lost a job, fiance, and moved bla bla bla.

I've looked good before but never been big. After I've leaned and strengthened back up I would like to do a cycle and see how much muscle mass I gain.

The thing is I don't want to be on them, forever cycling I guess you'd call it, just to maintain the size.

Finally the question.

Is it possible to cycle to make gains and keep those gains with just hard workouts or will I have to keep doing the roids to maintain it... if so how often...

Or is this all just to complex and I'll have to do it to see how my body works with the roids...

Thanks, I got 90 days to figure out- what to take, how much, what to take after the cycle and where to get it from, I have a feeling it's going to take me every day of those 90!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Welcome.

How long have you been consistently training?
    What will determine when you are ready is physical stats and knowledge in the area of AAS. Obviously right now your stats are nowhere near ready. Your BF needs to be dropped tremendously assuming you gave me correct numbers.

To answer your question. The body will always try and revert back towards its normal metabolic limits once AAS are removed. However, provided you continue to train actively, eat properly, and use an effective PCT program, you should be able to maintain most of what you keep after everything is said and done. So no, you don't need to cycle indefinitely to continue to make gains within your natural genetical potential. Beyond this is obviously a different story.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Welcome to Anabolic Review

I haven't worked out consistently in a long long time probably a year and half. I've just started going back to the gym 6 days a week a couple of weeks ago. Let me tell you I feel like crap, plain sick, like I have a low grade cold, tired and of course the aches and pains but I'm tired of looking like crap so feeling like crap for a few weeks is the price I have to pay. I think this has to do with my diet and I'm going to address that this weekend with a trip to the grocery store.

I've been bouncing through the posts and I read a great one from a guy alittle older then me that said how he dropped the extra weight and made great gains with his first cycle but it sounds like he was in better shape to begin with then I am right now. It also makes me think of another thread where they talk about the gear helping your muscles but not you connective tissues etc... I'd totally pull, tear or hurt myself somehow as is so I'm going to keep this up for a bit and see if I can build some strength first.

I've got the type of body that has always looked good with little training but I've never been big like most of the pictures of you guys. To be honest I'm not really into that, no offense intended at all honest. I'm more looking for a look awesome in my street clothes and suits, then when I take them off drop some ladies jaws... as lame as it sounds kinda a male swimsuit model kinda look.

I have tons of questions. All super newbie ones should I ask them here?

Thanks guys, My rants and questions are going to be long at first untill I can comprehend some of this stuff alittle better.
    Last edited by JaseMaris; 08-20-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Please take the time to read the board rules..

Please give all stats when asking quetions in the questions and answer forum.

Stats consist of:

Weight
    Bf%
    Cycle history
    Years training

Also please take the time to read all the educational threads in the q&a forum as most questions can be answered with alittle reading...

Matt...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

digismash is offline Associate Member
    welcome man! I'm 39 too and from S Fla and working on getting back in shape too! best of luck!!

ps read all the stickies!!! best advice I can give as a newb lol

gotcha, thanks guys...

Love the avatar of the blackstormy by the way.

I guess I'll put that info in my sig and just keep it updated.

Thanks Jase, that was at the Star Wars celebration V in orlando.

yeah buddy you can find alot of great info and questions to some of your questions in the stickies, but yeah post your stats and guys are usually more than helpful to help out.

I'm kinda dizzy trying to get all this info to sink in, sometimes it seems like people are saying different things or even the opposite. I'm reading about pct and about to post some questions about that now in the Q&A section, I'm also one to be over cautious.

I really wanted to go to the SWCV but just couldn't afford it... kinda regret not just putting it on a credit card now, so don't start telling me how awesome it was!

it totally sucked brotha

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    welcome,i would keep doing what your are doing and that is getting a meal plan organized for yourself and a consistent training program,you can go to the diet forum here for help if you wish,you have not worked-out for 18 months i would not cycle for about 8-10 months but that my opinion.

I'm not looking for the gains the most people are looking for. This cycle my first would be as a extreme boost in strength and cutting and some fat and gaining some mass if possible. My work out will be intense and hard for me. I'm sure I'll get what I'm looking for outta it. But "intense" for me and for most people on this forum I'm sure are completely different scales.

8-10 months is understandable but not within my patience level. I'm not discounting your counsel here or anything.

Anabolic Steroids for Men Over 35: My Personal Experience
    This thread, while not being the norm is what is inspiring to me as of lately.
    And is very similar to my situation.

I'm not planning on starting until I'm feeling confident that I'm ready.
    Last edited by JaseMaris; 08-24-2010 at 07:57 PM.

it totally sucked brotha
    ERRRRrrrrr.... and thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by JaseMaris View Post
    I'm not looking for the gains the most people are looking for. This cycle my first would be as a extreme boost in strength and cutting and some fat and gaining some mass if possible. My work out will be intense and hard for me. I'm sure I'll get what I'm looking for outta it. But "intense" for me and for most people on this forum I'm sure are completely different scales.

8-10 months is understandable but not within my patience level. I'm not discounting your counsel here or anything.

Anabolic Steroids for Men Over 35: My Personal Experience
    This thread, while not being the norm is what is inspiring to me as of lately.
    And is very similar to my situation.

I'm not planning on starting until I'm feeling confident that I'm ready.

wow, great read!!

Thread Information