Kev33 is offline New Member

Newcomer here...

Hi,

My name is Kevin and I'm a Biology/Pre-Med major in college. I'm only 18, but I am VERY serious about weightlifting and bodybuilding and would like to gain as much information as possible from this thread before considering juicing. Just for the record I don't plan on starting a cycle until I'm at least 22. Just figured I'd introduce myself...

Kevin

hank1234 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev33 View Post
    Hi,

My name is Kevin and I'm a Biology/Pre-Med major in college. I'm only 18, but I am VERY serious about weightlifting and bodybuilding and would like to gain as much information as possible from this thread before considering juicing. Just for the record I don't plan on starting a cycle until I'm at least 22. Just figured I'd introduce myself...

Kevin
    hey kev!

not sure how far you're in your studies but I'm a nurse and avid fan of the weights. If you research hormone level and chronological peaks and drop offs you'll find that you really shouldn't try to add Exogenous sources in your body till roughly age 25-26. use what your body naturally makes and become very disciplined in your routine and nutrition. i remember when i was in high school and just downing protein and creatine and sure i got mass but it wasn't all lean and my nutrition was on the sloppy side. If you master your body and nutrition you can greatly reduce you potential sides from AAS. because some will raise you lipid panel and BP. learning how to time meals and macronutrient ratios are anabolic in their own right. 4 yrs ago i was 5'5" 198 lbs and sure i could squat 500+ and do 300lbs on the bench in sets but i got tired walking up a flight of stairs. so i focused on nutrition/timing and cardio for the extra nutrient transportaion and health benefits. i now maintain 165-170lbs at 7-9% bf and remain strong off cycle and roughly 170-176lbs on. but just so ya know since im medical and in the military i don't use to get huge. and you should also research how the AAS work on the body so you can understand that some will atrophy body organs and require strict PCT to reestablish them. also being in college I'm sure your gana want to party and get drunk, but will being serious enough to use AAS you just can't be drinking because of all the sides it will exacerbate. also learn about sleep and proper REM cycles and their effect on hormone levels.

Quote Originally Posted by hank1234 View Post
    hey kev!

not sure how far you're in your studies but I'm a nurse and avid fan of the weights. If you research hormone level and chronological peaks and drop offs you'll find that you really shouldn't try to add Exogenous sources in your body till roughly age 25-26. use what your body naturally makes and become very disciplined in your routine and nutrition. i remember when i was in high school and just downing protein and creatine and sure i got mass but it wasn't all lean and my nutrition was on the sloppy side. If you master your body and nutrition you can greatly reduce you potential sides from AAS. because some will raise you lipid panel and BP. learning how to time meals and macronutrient ratios are anabolic in their own right. 4 yrs ago i was 5'5" 198 lbs and sure i could squat 500+ and do 300lbs on the bench in sets but i got tired walking up a flight of stairs. so i focused on nutrition/timing and cardio for the extra nutrient transportaion and health benefits. i now maintain 165-170lbs at 7-9% bf and remain strong off cycle and roughly 170-176lbs on. but just so ya know since im medical and in the military i don't use to get huge. and you should also research how the AAS work on the body so you can understand that some will atrophy body organs and require strict PCT to reestablish them. also being in college I'm sure your gana want to party and get drunk, but will being serious enough to use AAS you just can't be drinking because of all the sides it will exacerbate. also learn about sleep and proper REM cycles and their effect on hormone levels.
    Thanks Hank!

I'll probably wait a WHILE before using, so no need to worry. It would probably be best to wait 'till 25 or 26, like you said. And btw, I'll be a sophomore Spring semester, so I've got a long way to go. Haha. Thanks for the advice and the welcome!

Kevin

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Welcome to Anabolic Review

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome

Thread Information