M.iracle is offline New Member

Newbie Considering...

Newbie considering..

*EDIT: sorry i didnt mean to bring out the topic of juicing*

Ok so Ill keep this as short as possible..

Ive been lifting for two and a half years, I have made some very solid gains naturally, I have gone from 165-195 lbs @ 13% bf.

My major lifts are...

Squat 345 x 5
    Bench 245 x 5
    Deadlift 405 x 4
    Dumbell Chest 105 x 8
    Barbell Curl 135 x 3
    Leg Press 630 x 5

Pretty above average lifts, the bench is the one that I have found is the hardest to improve.

My diet is extremely clean, (I am coming out of my winter bulk) I am nailing down 4-5 meals a day, right now its centered around high protein, medium-low amounts of carbs, medium calorie. In general its alot of chicken, tuna, salads, a little bit of rice, cottage chesse, and the only liquid im putting down is water.

I have never really used supplements ever, for the past year I have not touched whey, i have done one month of creatine but I really hated the bloated look.

just coming hear for opinions, heres why...

1) Although Ive been lifting only for 2.5 years my training has been beyon what an average gym rat does, I have learned to listen to my body, I have used the Mike Mentzer HIT program, heavy volume training, etc. and I think I may be reaching my strength potential.

2) My family genetics are not strong, no one in my family is above 170 lean. My background is predominantly indian with a little portugese.

3) My goal when I first started was to be 210-215 at 10 % bf. From family observations I really think I may have reached my potential.

Since I am about 10-15 lbs away from my goal, I have started researching about AAS. Alot of my friends have done it and are doing it, and no brag, I look better than most of them, and they dont believe me when I tell them Im natural.

I do not want to go down the road they have, I literally train like an animal, my ego used to be a major factor as I was always looking to lift big, once I realized I wanted an aesthetic build I turned to the Mike Mentzer concept and it has been working great. I no longer lift using any momentum, it is concentrated lifts, fully engaging the muscle, I literally feel the fibres tearing, my muscle endurance allows me to train to absolute failure to the point where when i put the weight down I can not move that muscle, and my strength allows me to do this with pretty heavy weight.

Im looking for opinions I have researched about AAS but I want to do complete and extensive ressearch on every single and specific aspect when it comes to this.

But having opinions via experience does not hurt either..
    Last edited by M.iracle; 05-27-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome. A couple questions 1) whats the logic in not using whey protein or supplements. Are you on a multi? 2) Do you have a lifting partner, especially if your using the Metzner program. I would look into the modifications that Yates made to the program, his seems a little more suitable. Also, If your looking for AAS responses you should tag that particular board with a few questions. Good Luck to you

M.iracle is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    Welcome. A couple questions 1) whats the logic in not using whey protein or supplements. Are you on a multi? 2) Do you have a lifting partner, especially if your using the Metzner program. I would look into the modifications that Yates made to the program, his seems a little more suitable. Also, If your looking for AAS responses you should tag that particular board with a few questions. Good Luck to you
    It wasnt a choice not to use protein, i just couldnt afford it....but now that I have a job I will be buying it...i dont really see the need for other supplements, besides multi vitamins, my diet is very strict. I have stayed away from pre workout supplements, mainly because its just overloading my body with caffeine, vitamin b12, nitric oxide etc. ill use a pre workout maybe this summer, preparing myself mentally 30 minutes before i go to the gym is sufficient.

Yes i have a few lifting partners, but none of them have the dedication or the ability to push themselves to their absolute max like i do. I have one partner in the summer (he goes away to school during the rest of the year), we feed well of each other and push each other to the limit.....and yea I have altered the Mentzer routine so I can go give times a week, the exact Mentzer program is too hard on the neurological system to go everyday.

layeazy is offline Banned
    welcome

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    welcome

Thread Information