Thekillataco is offline New Member

Anyone want to help me shred fat naturally:)

Hi my name is Larry, I'm 18 and about 5'5 I weigh 190lbs I'm not going to beat around the bush I know I'm over weight and I have to do something about it. Im not sure what exactly to do. My family isn't really in shape so I can't ask any of them and I can't afford a personal trainer or someone like that right now.. I'm willing to try just about anything because I can't stand not being in shape anymore I'm tired of it! I appreciate anyone willing to help me out.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We're all here to help. That being said, we're not going to do all the work for you either. What I would recommend is to go to the nutrition forum and start reading the stickies. You'll learn a lot. After you finish post up your proposed diet and we'll take a look at it and fine tune it. Also make sure you put your macros in each meal and a total for the day.

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    Welcome you will find a vast knoledge of info in diet section as Slf made advised.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    ^^x3 Diet and cardio is the way to go. Read the stickies and other thread in nutrition section then take that info and put together a diet that works for you.
    Guys here will help you fine tune it.

Thekillataco is offline New Member
    Thanks! Okay so I have a couple quick questions..

1. Some people are doing 6 meals and some are doing 8, I'm still in highschool and I don't think I can do 8 meals. I could possibly do 6. But even at 6 meals a day i don't know how I would be able to make or have some of the meals that other people have during the day.( I don't have access to a microwave or fridge) while at school. Do y'all have any suggestions? Or ideas?

2. When is the BEST time to workout? I see some people work out in the morning and some people work out in the evenings. Me personally I will have time after school If I don't work but if I do I will have time after work. But it working out in the morning is better im willing to go to bed sooner to wake up earlier to workout.

3. Should I do protein shakes before or after workouts I've seen people do them before and after what's the best?

4. I've been taking a vita pack for about 2 weeks now which meals should I take them with? If that even matters.

5. I recently got a copy of p90X, should I do their workouts or should I do something different ? What about cardio?

Thanks Larry

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekillataco View Post
    Thanks! Okay so I have a couple quick questions..

1. Some people are doing 6 meals and some are doing 8, I'm still in highschool and I don't think I can do 8 meals. I could possibly do 6. But even at 6 meals a day i don't know how I would be able to make or have some of the meals that other people have during the day.( I don't have access to a microwave or fridge) while at school. Do y'all have any suggestions? Or ideas? 6 meals would be fine, but if you hate eating so many meals, take a look into the IF (Intermittent Fasting) diet. You fast for a period of 16-18 hours and then have a 6-8 hour feeding window.

2. When is the BEST time to workout? I see some people work out in the morning and some people work out in the evenings. Me personally I will have time after school If I don't work but if I do I will have time after work. But it working out in the morning is better im willing to go to bed sooner to wake up earlier to workout. IMO there's no particular time frame that you NEED to stick to. I do my workouts in the evening around 4.30pm and I love it. Do it when you can as long as you have a great pre workout meal with some good carbs.

3. Should I do protein shakes before or after workouts I've seen people do them before and after what's the best? I've never taken a shake before but I do take a casein/whey mix after workouts.

4. I've been taking a vita pack for about 2 weeks now which meals should I take them with? If that even matters. Don't know what a vita pack is...!!

5. I recently got a copy of p90X, should I do their workouts or should I do something different ? What about cardio? Do some fasted cardio (About 45 min to an hour). Also don't forget a good workout regimen. I personally don't do p90x because I prefer heavier weights.

Thanks Larry

^^^ See bolds! Good luck and welcome!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome.

HavocGuns is offline Junior Member
    Welcome. Just to echo what everyone else has been saying... there is more info than you could ever dream of on this site. After a couple of days of reading through stuff you will be amazed at how much you will have learned. Good Luck everyone here is more than willing to help.

John Andrew is offline Member
    Diet and exercise. Eat a lot less, exercise a lot more. You will speed up your metabolism. Look at the diet section and work hard. Good luck. John

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome Bro glad to see you are ready to make changes in your life congrats.You already got the info now its up to you.I know its hard to eat right when others around you dont.But thats no reason to quit.keep us posted on your progress.Good luck

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Be sure when you diet and start exercising, you know your numbers and amounts. Example, if you're listing a cup of brown rice, be sure you eat ONE CUP - measure it out. If you're doing cardio with a target heart rate of 135 for 30 min, get a heart rate monitor and a stopwatch. Seems one of the most common mistakes - including me - is to over/underestimate numbers and then wonder why a plan isn't working.

Thread Information