oldguy47 is offline New Member

NEW TRT guy with 2 ?'s about Baldness and ideas for max weight loss

New guy would appreciate some help/advice. Will make long boring story short - just ask if you want more details.

Starting feeling poorly around 40-41. Did not think much about it at first, but it kept getting worse and worse. By 45 I had gained 75lbs and was falling apart.
    I tried running to lose weight but it would make me sick if I did it regularly. Only thing I could do was walk which was better than nothing but not by much.
    Things kept getting worse- I woke up in a fog every morning. I have never been one to go to the DR, but I was at the point where I didn't have much choice.
    Dr says I have all the symptoms of metabolic syndrome and Low T. I have been on TRT for a month and a half and at 47, I feel like 17 again. I can run again and in 1 months time went from running about 200 feet max to over 2 miles now.

I have read that hair loss is very common after starting on T. But everyone said it started around 8-9 months to a year after TRT. I suspected something was happening after a month and now at 6 weeks I can see that I have an outline of a male pattern baldness "circle" forming in back. My concern is the speed that mpb has appeared and wondering if this is a sign of something bad health wise?
    Have you ever heard of MPB appearing so quickly and was it a sign of something going wrong? I can deal with baldness as long as it means I am not getting cancer at the same time

Dr says I HAVE to lose weight asap and she is wanting me to consider more drastic action of surgery but I want to try to do it myself first. Running is working - already lost between 10-14 lbs, but I am wondering if there are other exercises that a newbie can do that will give me max weight loss.? My weight is all concentrated in my belly. I will worry about getting toned later, just need this weight gone fast.

Thanks and appreciate any info on those 2 questions...

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome and congrats on your progress. I suggest you hit the Nutrition/Diet Section for help w/your diet and weight loss. Lots of great guys and gals there always willing to help.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thanks , I will do that. I just found the TRT section as well, so apologies if this was the wrong place to ask my questions.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    As far as hairloss, get your self either finasteride or dutasteride. Finasteride at 1mg ED or dutasteride at .5mg ED will do wonders. When talking about fat loss the best approach is diet, weight training then cardio. Just doing tons of running isnt super efficient because your basal metabolic rate doesnt increase at all. With weight training when you have more muscle you burn more calories.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome...

Thank you I will give that a try. I don't want to stop running but I do want to mix things up. I have a new weight bench that I have never used - just got to find a bar and some weights and I will be set. For max weight loss should I go for heavy weight or more reps?

I know the finasteride works, but I am scared of sides- will probably stick with rogaine and accept being middle age if it comes to that...

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Start out higher reps... 10-15 you will be sore as shit if you dont train after about a month reduce the reps to 6-8 and try and build as much muscle as possible.... The rule I go by is always train like I'm trying to build muscle even if I'm dieting (so train like a psycho)

Thank you. Found I had 20lbs at home and old bar bell-heading the walmart this weekend.....

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Welcome, lots of great guys in the TRT section. Drop By.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the board!

Thread Information