Ahura is offline New Member

Ambitious fat burner

In September I decided that I was going to change my life. I had just turned 23 and realized that if I didn't make a change, and soon that I would lose out on living the life I wanted to live. A little back story, I have always been athletic, even at my heaviest I could run a 10sec 50 meter sprint and do 40 pushups (doesn't seem fantastic but for 370+lbs that is pretty good) I was at 315lbs at about 28-29% Bf running a 13:30 on a 1.5mile track, and then I started to eat like shit and didn't work out anymore... I was on a steady increase in weight gaining 30lbs losing 15 and so forth until I hit 371 on the scale 2 years later.

I have lost 60lbs now and do not plan on stopping, I am boxing for to get cardio (boxed amateur for years in my teens), and lifting 3 days a week (mostly compound lifts). My diet is kept around 2200-2400 calories per day, and while I do know that I should give up soda, I haven't yet as I have been having success without having to stop drinking coke zero.

I had thought about the lap band surgery, but started having success on my own that I called them and cancelled all my appointments.

I had started to try and lose weight many times throughout the past 5 years, and I can honestly say that once I realized how much better I look and feel, I want this to be a permanent thing.

The most inspiring thing someone told me was "Where would you be if you started 6 months ago"

Currently I am 310 at 27% BF from 371 at 39% with another 30 or so pounds I want to lose.

I was thinking about doing a cycle once I hit 280lbs, I have started to notice my strength decreasing a little at a time, and would like to maintain(and increase my strength) while losing some more body fat and increasing lbm, My overall goal is 260-270 with ~17% bf, I believe this to be a reasonable goal I am not so interested in being torn up as much as I am in being strong and healthy(subject to change ).

After typing all of this out I was thinking maybe someone could weigh in on if it is better to wait until I drop 30 more pounds or is the difference negligible in terms of waiting (would have to wait atleast 1 month anyways so about 15 or so pounds)?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Welcome!

Wow good job bro. Keep it up!

Hit up the Nutritional Forum for some tips that may help you along with your diet.

Cheers and good luck!

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

Alinjr is offline Senior Member
    Welcome.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Welcone

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome aboard.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Nice work! Welcome...

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Hey man!

Keep burning!
    Last edited by Gaspaco; 02-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.

J-Mart is offline Junior Member
    Good job! Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome

welcome. why stop at 17%?

Thread Information