dtmill11 is offline New Member

New Member looking to connect and network

Hey All,

I am a 28 year old male currently living on the west coast of the US. I am 183 lbs currently rocking an estimated 15% bodyfat. I have been lifting since high school and am what you might refer to as a "hard gainer." I have done many different styles of weight lifting including traditional bodybuilding, athletics, crossfit style workouts, and most recently (and my favorite by far) powerlifting.

A couple of years ago I discovered the 5x5 method. For those of you who aren't familiar its a basic strength training plan that focuses on squats and is rather effective at increasing strength in the major lifts of the program. My body responded very well to this and I was able to hit my highest weight to date, which was 195lbs (graduated high school at 160lbs while lifting routinely).

Currently I am doing the Cube Method program which was invented by powerlifter Brandon Lilly. This is a cool method that operates in cubes(3-3week cubes) where each week you do three primary workouts (bench oriented, deadlift oriented, and squat oriented) rotating the focus each week. One week it would be dynamic bench, heavy deadlift, and high-rep squat and alternates as such for 9 weeks. The purpose of this program (in addition to overall strength building) is to increase the big three while taking advantage of explosive and high rep work for aesthetics and allowing the body to focus on only a single heavy day a week. I am currently midway through the third week and thus far it has been one hell of a challenge some days.

My goals now are the pack on weight (I am currently eating like a mad man) and gain as much strength as possible. I am really enjoying training as a powerlifter and plan to give that my 100% for a year or two and see how it pans out.

This post is to give a little background on what I am up. Thanks for reading!

3day is offline Member
    Welcome.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome.

jcm504 is offline New Member
    Welcome!

Nicholas1 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    W
    e
    l
    c
    o
    m
    e

535smasher is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    welcome