Thread: New

cttoasn is offline Associate Member

New

Have been running around the internet reading up on what I can for a couple weeks solid now. Continue to hit the max limit on how many posts that I can view without a membership. So I decided to join up on the better of all the sites I have seen and hope to be able to really dive into learning enough to make some good educated decisions.

30yr old
    5'9
    Not a body builder.
    A high level of "functional style" fitness is a life or death requirement for my profession and I also dabble in amateur Olympic Weightlifting competitions for fun.

bionicbob is offline New Member
    Welcome aboard

Audiofreak37 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome mate

Is it too much to ask what you do?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    welcome and enjoy

cttoasn is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiofreak37 View Post
    Welcome mate

Is it too much to ask what you do?

Nothing super crazy...Just have to be able to jump walls, carry my buddy if he is down, get up mountains, swim really far, hump tons gear, etc....

I don't like Crossfit the brand or the organization so don't flame the guy who sounds like a crossfiter

But for what i do, bicep curls wont help and I do firmly believe in constantly varied functional movements performed at a high intensity. Why I don't associate with the above mentioned company is that there is a huge difference between a well programed and periodized Constantly Varied program and a random bunch of crap. One is training, one is exercising your way to injury. Also a well programed and again, periodized strength program should accompany it, ran in cycles with scheduled de-load weeks. And a Strict adherence to proper body mechanics and movement standards v.s. all the you-tube videos making us look bad. That's what crossfit was meant to be, not what it has become.
    Last edited by cttoasn; 05-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

Audiofreak37 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cttoasn View Post
    Nothing super crazy...Just have to be able to jump walls, carry my buddy if he is down, get up mountains, swim really far, hump tons gear, etc....

I don't like Crossfit the brand or the organization so don't flame the guy who sounds like a crossfiter

But for what i do, bicep curls wont help and I do firmly believe in constantly varied functional movements performed at a high intensity. Why I don't associate with the above mentioned company is that there is a huge difference between a well programed and periodized Constantly Varied program and a random bunch of crap. One is training, one is exercising your way to injury. Also a well programed and again, periodized strength program should accompany it, ran in cycles with scheduled de-load weeks. And a Strict adherence to proper body mechanics and movement standards v.s. all the you-tube videos making us look bad. That's what crossfit was meant to be, not what it has become.
    Sounds pretty bad ass lol. I second the functional movements and high intensity. Welcome to the forum mate

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    Welcome man!

Thread Information