tac12 is offline New Member

Lightbulb Story of a newbie...I NEED HELP!!!!

Hi Guys/Gals

I'm a 49 year old male, 5'7" 178#....4 yrs ago I was hospitalized due to an injury while attending police training. My CK levels was pushing around 32k. No cardiac issue's could be found only a breakdown of muscle tissue. High levels of protein in my kidneys were also discovered. The doc passed it off as "over exerting exercise" which btw was complete B.S. imo...lol.......Anyway, here's the problem: I can gain absolutely NO size to my arms or chest...now when I say "no size" I mean no size, embarrassingly my bicep's are only around 13" and chest 43"...I work both and feel I have strength but can not gain....What the crap is going on and any recommendation on taking Anything to help....
    Now I must tell ya all that some people may think its normal to be small but what I didn't say is that just a few yrs ago my biceps was around 17+ and 54 chest size and I weighed about 210#....I have changed a lot of lifestyle habits which I know has played a role in both muscle and fat lose but I'm trying to gain muscle and maintain lower fat rate....I NEED HELP ON A SUPPLEMENT that is both effective quickly and safe.... Thanks for all your feedback

tac12

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard. This is strange indeed. First, I'm not sure any supplement will resolve what is going on in your body. Second, I don't what doctor you should see, but you should find one who can think outside of the box. About 20 years ago a friend of mine starting having his muscles wasting away. You could see it especially in his calves. He was a semi-retired ironman triathlete. Original docs blamed it on overtraining and/or muscle trauma. Then, one told him he might have ALS. Fortunately, it turned out to be nothing as life threatening. He went to a clinic (I think in Houston). The doc said, do a double bicep pose and stick out your tongue. Doc said, good news is you don't have ALS (apparently it messes with your tongue), bad news is I don't know what you have. Lots of testing and it turns out he was the 18th person in the country diagnosed with ___ (I can't remember the name or even spell it). It was basically some trigger that sent his body into cannibalizing its own muscle tissues. Treatment involved drugs and mega doses of beta-carotene. He even started getting an orange tint to his skin.

Now, I'm not even suggesting you have such a malady. I'm just saying you ought to keep at finding some young doc who willing to think beyond the basic diagnoses. For you to try to self-treat is even beyond finding a needle in the haystack.

Again, welcome and best of luck! Glad to have you aboard.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community. When you had the size what was your bf%? Don't rule out overtraining and undereating.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome a lot of good info here read thru

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. I have been down the rhabdomyolosis road but quickly bounced back. Welcome to the Forum. Im sure you are at the right place. I would, however post this in other areas since this one os primarily for greeting new members. I appreciate the introduction, welcome you, and hope you can find some of the answers you are looking for here. Nice to have you.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

Dakota55 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the forum man

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information