oatbran is offline New Member

Taking steroids after cancer?

Hey..

So i need a little advice here..

When I was 20 I had hodgkin's lymphoma.
    After 2 years of treatment i got the all clear...

i am now 27 and have been training hard for the last 2 years and successfully had a big body change adding 14kg's onto my skinny 60kg i had before...

its came to the point of the last 4-5 months my weight gain has came to a holt..

I have a strict meal plan diet, including supplements that i continue to add to, to add gains but it seems like it
    just isn't working...

my question for you guys is do you recommend anything i could take to step up my gains to the next level?
    and by that; is there such thing as a safe steroid to take?

thanks,
    Al
    Last edited by oatbran; 08-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.

iclimbhard is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatbran View Post
    Hey..

i am now 27 and have been training hard for the last 2 years and successfully had a big body change adding 14kg's onto my skinny 60kg i had before...

its came to the point of the last 4-5 months my weight gain has came to a holt..

I have a strict meal plan diet, including supplements that i continue to add to, to add gains but it seems like it
    just isn't working...

my question for you guys is do you recommend anything i could take to step up my gains to the next level?

thanks,
    Al
    I'm just out of the woods with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma but not clear, but they are both the same sort of cancer, so they may respond similarly to steroid stimulation of the bone marrow (which is where both non hodgkins and hodgkins lymphomas originate). I am resuming roid use on Monday coming. I am just waiting on the results of a blood count done today to give me starting values to refer back to. I'm planning on keeping on track with full blood counts every week checked out by my oncologist. Once that stabilizes, which I realise may take a little trial and error, I will taper off the blood tests to monthly. I'll post what I learn from the experience as I learn it.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatbran View Post
    Hey..

just isn't working...

thanks,
    Al
    Personally, I don't want to get involved (due to a lack of experience with cancer, mainly) in recommending something to a post cancer survivor patient. With cancer, you are never really out of it's shadow, are you? Your cancer is usually looked at as either "active" or in "remission".

.....saying someone is cancer free is a stretch!

I'm sure others more comfortable with this will chime in.

and welcome to the board. any additional Q's should be asked in the right sub forum

Good luck!
    ---Roman

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    welcome to the forum AAS is the last thing you should bother about you are very lucky live you life you only get one shot at this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information