Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member

Hi all, seeking guidance

Hi guys, first post here. I have a bit of a story. I am 36 years old 6'2" 209 pounds 18-20% bodyfat. I have been Lifting about 3 years (1.5 seriously). First year and a half I just kind of threw weight around and ate what I wanted. The point is I never got anywhere (obviously). Then I started to realize that I had to get the right calories from the right foods and I had to progress in the gym so I started researching my caloric needs etc. once I got more serious and strict about things I started to put on a little bit of size but nothing like what you see in the noob gains dept. I put most of my size on the first 4 months into my "new leaf". I was eating at maintenance at that point. After 4 months I was not able to progress any further. So I started searching around and was told I needed to be eating above maintenance consistently to see results. So in the past few months I put together a diet and stuck with it. My lifts all progressed in the gym and the end result up to this point is a ton of belly fat. I haven't gained size anywhere else. Chest (44"), arms (16") and shoulder measurements (49") are still the same as they have been the past 8 months or so. As I said ALL of my lifts have gone up. Here is what my diet has been the past few months.

Breakfast:
    2 cups whole milk
    1 cup oats
    2tbls olive oil
    2 scoops NOW whey isolate
    2 hardboiled eggs
    1230 calories
    88g protein
    78g carbs
    61g fats

Lunch (pre workout)
    1 can pink salmon
    2tbls mayo
    4 slices bread
    800 calories
    50g protein
    53g carbs
    34g fats

Snack (post workout)
    1 cup whole milk
    2 scoops NOW whey isolate
    1 avocado medium (by weight)
    630 calories
    62g protein
    27g carbs
    32g fats

Dinner
    12oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    Sweet potato 200grams (sometimes more)
    2tbls i cant believe its not butter
    752 calories
    87g protein
    40g carbs
    26g fats

Snack
    1 cup plain greek yogurt
    1cup whole milk
    1 cup oats
    610 calories
    38g protein
    85g carbs
    14 grams fats

Totals
    4022 calories
    325g protein
    283g carbs
    167g fat

I followed Jim Stopanni's shortcut to size while on my bulk and progressed strengthwise but not size-wise (only in the belly). I guess I am just a bit frustrated at this point and feel like I should be progressed further. I can't seem to spark any growth and the caloric surplus just makes me fat. The even more frustrating part is the $$ it costs to eat clean and being so strict and it hasn't paid off. I was thinking about a test only cycle but not at this bodyfat. I am at a deficit now attempting to drop the fat but I am experiencing a serious loss of strength as well. I think I have put on minimal LBM the past few years and I am still pretty skinny under the fat. I have attached a few pics. The first one is before I started lifting at all (don't mind my crazy wife in the pic. The rest are current.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hi all, seeking guidance-image.jpg   Hi all, seeking guidance-image.jpg   Hi all, seeking guidance-image.jpg   Hi all, seeking guidance-image.jpg   Hi all, seeking guidance-image.jpg  

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    great job on the progress

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys. Sorry about the long intro but I felt the need to get my history in there. I wish I could see my progress as good but being stalled sizewise for so long and seeing the same thing in the mirror for months is a bit unsettling.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.

kewe is offline Associate Member
    Hi and welcome

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!

Thread Information