Call Me Mo is offline New Member

Hi all from my little ghost town.

Hi there.

Names Rich but everyone calls me Mo (no idea why). I'm 44 years old and not in the best of shapes. 5'8' 223lbs . Use to work out a lot in my youth but nothing for sport just for fun and hanging out with friends as I worked at a gym. Well looking to try to get rid of this external fuel tank and find those "pecks" things again. We have no gym available out here but I can get access to the high school (not much to talk about but they do have a squat rack) and My personal home gym. I have a bow flex, bench, lots of free weights and a tread stepper. I'm a decent eater except for my addiction to Mountain Dew (think there is crack in it).

I do like what i have read so far and your community seems very helpful to each other, which is good as I know I will have questions.

So again hi and back to reading I go..

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Welcome to the forum

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you join

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Welcome

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome!

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

t.m.s.flyers88 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome. I'm very new as well. I honestly came here looking for a shortcut and what I found was an invaluable tool for eating and training. Be sure to read " planning your first cycle" by austinte.. It is chock full of info. You will definitely want to clean up your diet. I'm a 40 year old who became diabetic and had to give up drinks with sugar. Never thought I could give up fruit punch Gatorade, it to was like crack to me. Might I suggest cutting your consumption down in stages. Each week cut it down a bit, till you can drink diet soda, then switch from diet soda to water. This will gradually help your body to adjust to the lower sugar levels and decrease your calorie consumption. I never thought I would be able to go without, now I honestly can't believe I used to consume so much sugar. Every week I strive to implement something I have read here into my diet and training.. You will see results.. Best of luck to you..

Eric-xxx is offline New Member
    You are welcome, Mo.

Vale91 is offline New Member
    Welcome!

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Welcome

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome

USVet81 is offline Associate Member
    Hey man. Welcome. I've actually done something similar to your goal several years back. What I had to learn was cutting weight meant much more cardio as opposed to exclusive weight training.

The site won't let me post the link because I'm new...

The link showed the following: How many sit-ups does it take to lose 1 pound? About 17,500 and that pound won't come from your waist. Doing a situp causes fat to be burned from everywhere equally. This holds true for bench pressing or curls. You will build some muscle but it will be covered by fat and you'll never see it. This is why some people get discouraged. There are free things you can get on your phone and the gist is you put in a goal weight and it gives you a calorie max. I used it to cut for summer and get a solid set of abs going. As long as you don't exceed the net calorie amount each day for the goal timeline you will lose weight. Now , keep lifting too but cardio is your friend here. You'll have to lose the fat before seriously building muscle. The first will be the hardest. Best of luck!

Thread Information