Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By DROY
  • 1 Post By TheTaxMan
  • 1 Post By brazey
  • 1 Post By Strongblood
  • 1 Post By Tigershark
  • 2 Post By USVet81
  • 1 Post By Kenny357

Thread: Enquiry. 36 year old male unsure what to do.....

gemini8026 is offline New Member

Enquiry. 36 year old male unsure what to do.....

Hey all. 36 year old male here. I have played competitive sports all my life, and I love to play hockey 2-3 times a week. In my 20's I did my heavy lifting and supplementing, and I plateaued to a point where my joints were killing me when lifting. I lost interest in bulking up due to the fact that I hit my wall, and I wasnt prepared to play the gear game.

Fast forward a few years, and I still love playing sports. Im fairly healthy, but I have recently had blood work done and my test levels are low. My conservative dr. doesnt want to do anything about it, which I understand, but dont like.

If I skate or play anything, my muscle recovery is quite poor. I have lost a lot of my drive and oomph.

I practice a good diet, I get a lot of sleep, and I have a cabinet full of every supplement. (vits, minerals, test boosters, creatine, BCAA's, greens, etc. etc) I have wasted enough at my local supplement shop to realise that they are ONLY supplements and can only do so much.

I constantly think about missing my old "youthful self" and having the drive and energy and spunk I need to compete. I have access to whatever gear I may need, as I have a few close friends who are in competitive body building.

BUT, I just dont know what I should do. Ive read tons of forums, Ive done all the research, and I am just not sure what I feel safe with, and what I should expect. I dont want to get super bulky, but I want better muscle recovery, and the boost I seek. I want more strength, speed, and power. I cant lift much anymore due to always being sore and tired from hockey and such.

Where to start?!?

Light test cycle?!
    Light Test plus var cycle?!?
    No cycle and just do what I do?!?

Im not sure if I am asking for trouble, or not. Im a responsible mature person who doesnt feel the need and urge to jump into anything, but I do yearn for a better physical experience and I realise aging plays a large part. However, I want to keep my youth for a few more years of playing competitive sports! Any suggestions are welcome!

FYI. I am 6'2 and around 215 lbs. Not sure my BF %

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Start here, you will find a lot of the information you are seeking and afterwards you will be able to ask questions.
    My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    gemini8026 and FoxintheBarrow like this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Welcome
    Read the link DROY posted
    gemini8026 likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    gemini8026 likes this.

gemini8026 is offline New Member
    Thanks men. I read that the first time I came in here actually. It is no doubt very detailed and involved.

Thats if I DECIDE to go that route. Im curious if this is a good route for someone not interested in mass, but moreso muscular endurance and a little strength gain. Pro's and cons with everythign I guess. From TRT, to gear, to anything you put in your body. Aging is a bitch, and I want to retain some of my youth and performance with the minimal amount of side effects. I've got a lot of reading to do!

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!
    gemini8026 likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.
    gemini8026 likes this.

USVet81 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome. You're in the same boat as me basically. Ultimately I determined the following before starting.

1) Anything under 400-500mg of test per week is pretty well wasted but still has the sides of shutting down your own production until PCT.
    2) Risks at 500mg/wk are minimal.
    3) It seems to be a fairly universal recommendation that a first cycle be test only. You want to know how you respond to AAS before going further.

I'm 2 years younger than you and 1/3 of the way through my first test cyp cycle @ 500mg per week. For me there have been no complications so far other than annoying water retention. I came to the decision to run this cycle after years and reading hundreds of posts/blogs/boards about this being the best place to start.

That's my suggestion. In the grand scheme I'm new to this but I am very confident that I've started at the recommended and safest point as far as AAS goes.
    gemini8026 and FoxintheBarrow like this.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome
    gemini8026 likes this.

ecruz is offline Member
    Welcome Bro!! read read and read some more

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

45lb is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini8026 View Post
    Hey all. 36 year old male here. I have played competitive sports all my life, and I love to play hockey 2-3 times a week. In my 20's I did my heavy lifting and supplementing, and I plateaued to a point where my joints were killing me when lifting. I lost interest in bulking up due to the fact that I hit my wall, and I wasnt prepared to play the gear game.

Fast forward a few years, and I still love playing sports. Im fairly healthy, but I have recently had blood work done and my test levels are low. My conservative dr. doesnt want to do anything about it, which I understand, but dont like.

If I skate or play anything, my muscle recovery is quite poor. I have lost a lot of my drive and oomph.

I practice a good diet, I get a lot of sleep, and I have a cabinet full of every supplement. (vits, minerals, test boosters, creatine, BCAA's, greens, etc. etc) I have wasted enough at my local supplement shop to realise that they are ONLY supplements and can only do so much.

I constantly think about missing my old "youthful self" and having the drive and energy and spunk I need to compete. I have access to whatever gear I may need, as I have a few close friends who are in competitive body building.

BUT, I just dont know what I should do. Ive read tons of forums, Ive done all the research, and I am just not sure what I feel safe with, and what I should expect. I dont want to get super bulky, but I want better muscle recovery, and the boost I seek. I want more strength, speed, and power. I cant lift much anymore due to always being sore and tired from hockey and such.

Im not sure if I am asking for trouble, or not. Im a responsible mature person who doesnt feel the need and urge to jump into anything, but I do yearn for a better physical experience and I realise aging plays a large part.
    Your post really brings me back (I'm 57). My love along with lifting, was basketball, but at the mid 30's my body just wasn't "cooperating".
    This is an amazing forum, so much great information, but with that said, stepping into the world of PEDs is a commitment. Welcome!

Robar is offline Junior Member
    Welcome buddy

Thread Information