Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MuratT
  • 1 Post By MuratT
  • 2 Post By brazey

Thread: Crossfit and Newbie about Steroids

MuratT is offline New Member

Crossfit and Newbie about Steroids

Hello,

I'm a 37 yo male, 5'7" and 162Lbs(74KG). I've been doing crossfit for about 3 years. Since I've started doing crossfit I've only used whey protein, BCAA, and vitamins as supplements. My workout is like this usually,Mon-Wed-Fri I usually do a Metcon early in the morning and then in the afternoon another session of Weightlifting and maybe another short Metcon. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm only working out for hour so I'm mixing things between strength and metcon on those days. My lifting numbers are just Ok and even though I've seen a lot of improvement since I've started doing Crossfit, I feel like I'm not recovering well enough anymore and my weightlifting numbers are just stuck at certain numbers.

I've read loads of threads about Crossfit but since I'a newbie about Steroids I thought I should just give my stats and wait for the suggestions from the experts.

Thankx.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Hi there,

Should i post this thread to somewhere else?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome along buddy,

I dont ding on crossfit as its still some work thats being put in there, better than sitting on the couch, but I dont understand the logic and overall benefit of it, so I cant/wont comment on it. If you like it and it works for you, thats what you want - thats what you like, thats what you need.

I know only one thing that training twice a day will put great toll on your CNS, muscless, mental side of things, cortisol will go trough the top and overtraining in addition to possible malnutrition will/may be the main culprit for you recovery issues. I would at least suggest pull back for some weeks and do only weight lifting without crossfit, or crossfit without weightlifting and drop the intensity, recover and then slowly build up again, life is not a race its a marathon

Thanks for the suggestion. I know generally how things will go about this crossfit debate because I wrote about just some Stats not all of them. And this subject is pretty new among other bb and lifting, so therefore I should also mention that I've been just doing oly lifting for last couple of months. I've seen some improvement in my numbers but as you can guess the endurance part of the crossfit got worse.
    InternalFire likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    you know, all this fitness and BB stuff, describing it in short its like saying oh this red car has 500bhp , going in to details for one thing you know that red car may be a Ferrari with all that it comes from the dealership, and for another it may be honda civic with supercharged turbo and complete drag-strip setup. There is just so many aspects when going in to detail, all things count, all details matter, and as a matter of fact one same detail may have completely different value to one person than another, its very individual to determine what is what and why one thing works better than another. Its alot trial and error, however, alot basic principles apply to most people, which are as a foundation, but I too see all those principles as a standard of daily survival avoiding extremes and bettering yourself in what you do is literally fine-tuning all that you do. if you do weight lifting and you loose endurance, probably you lift too heavy and too intense, you may wanna reduce weight and increase reps and sets, lift weights for endurance, dont go all out swinging, still controlled reps but higher ranges like 12-15 reps or so, then alot comes in to quality of sleep and hydration, daily stress levels outside the gym, nutrition, gut inflammation etc... its never ending storey, but we all have to start somewhere.

Because of the nature of crossfit I do lots a high reps too. The thing about crossfit is you need lift heavy, you need lift many so you need endurance and you need to do many gymnastic movements with high reps so again you need endurance.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Cross fit...? At least your motivated to workout. Unsure on what steroids will do for just high reps of low weight and improper workout moves etc. may help with recovery, never cycled before though
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-10-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    PS: I met some girl the other day. She had these bands on her shoulder to help with a tear she got from doing Kipping pull ups lol. Proves that some of the shit they teach is ignorant and wrong in the way it's executed etcetc. I don't agree with training to train lol

I'm sure there are ppl who experienced with some cycles while doing crossfit. That would be really helpful
    Marsoc likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome..... This section is just for introductions. You can continue your cross-fit narrative in the training section if you like.
    MuratT and Marsoc like this.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Man crossfit is too much for me! Welcome sir.

Reliable_Individual is offline Junior Member
    Imo i would say you are describing a plateau/stagnation due to overtraining. Maybe try less frequency with greater emphasis on strength training and diet. Just my .02

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome!

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Thread Information