JohnWinston91 is offline New Member

New member looking for guidance on first cycle

Hey guys I’m 26 years old and I’m new to this site. I’ve been bodybuilding since high school and I’ve been considering an AAS cycle for a year or two now and I think I’m finally ready. I was just hoping to get to know some guys here who could give me some advice and share some stories about their first cycle.

I’m 5’9” and weigh 155. I have always had an extremely difficult time gaining weight but I did get up over 160 a few Months ago for the first time in my life which I was very happy about but I couldn’t continue eating the way I was to get to that weight so I’ve lost a few pounds since. I am looking to gain mass overall. I think a pure test cycle would be good for my first time but I need advice on dosage and also pct. I’ve seen so many different types of pct with different dosages and timing.

shadowdragon is offline Junior Member
    Hello and welcome!

A good place to start is the Q&A section's sticky: "My first cycle: Planning and executing a successful first cycle" by Austinite, and some of the other educational threads he has. well worth the read.

Thanks shadow dragon I will check it out for sure

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome hit our diet section and post your diet.You are a little light for your size.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Ya I agree songdog I am definitely light. I have been working out off and on since middle school. I have been consistently working out for almost 2 years now. My wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl about 8 months ago and honestly fatherhood derailed my training for a while but I’ve been hitting the gym hard for the last few months trying to get back to my “pre-baby” weight of 167. My diet had suffered as well after the bay was born but I’m back on track now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Just to clarify I’m not thinking of doing a cycle anytime soon but I have been considering it for quite a while. I am the first to admit that I’m not ready yet. My diet isn’t where it needs to be but it’s getting there. I’m really just trying to gather as much knowledge as possible and be as informed as possible before I decide to do anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWinston91 View Post
    Just to clarify I’m not thinking of doing a cycle anytime soon but I have been considering it for quite a while. I am the first to admit that I’m not ready yet. My diet isn’t where it needs to be but it’s getting there. I’m really just trying to gather as much knowledge as possible and be as informed as possible before I decide to do anything.
    that's a fantastic attitude brother, take your time and learn what you need to first hand so when its time you will have the tools you need for success...visit the nutrition forum, there are some great guys there ready to answer any questions so take advantage of it....good luck...

Thanks man I will definitely check out the nutrition section.

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWinston91 View Post
    I’m 5’9” and weigh 155. I have always had an extremely difficult time gaining weight but I did get up over 160 a few Months ago for the first time in my life which I was very happy about but I couldn’t continue eating the way I was to get to that weight so I’ve lost a few pounds since. I am looking to gain mass overall. I think a pure test cycle would be good for my first time but I need advice on dosage and also pct. I’ve seen so many different types of pct with different dosages and timing.
    Unfortunately I can easily gain 5lbs in one meal. I'm not jealous though ... honest lol

Welcome to the forum John

Thread Information