Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clarky.

Thread: Bitcoin and using ID to purchase

Superman16 is offline New Member

Bitcoin and using ID to purchase

New to the forum and new to bitcoin as well. Most of what ive researched and most of what ive seen on here is people who were grandfathered into the no id no checking of anything anonymous type transactions.

Well thats not how they do it anymore now in order to purchase any amount of bitcoin you have to take a picture of your ID or passport and use it! So now not only is your IP out there your face is attached to your puchases lol! Has anyone tried this and how do they use it for “purchases” also not sure if this is where to go or not to ask but figured its s start. Thank you for your info in advance!

Its just have your ID out there is sketchy. But I get what your saying with that. Also I use mostly mobile my wife uses our laptop for business purposes so itd be mostly mobile transfer. And on top of if ive also read that a lot of of peoples buys have been getting cancelled due to monitoring has this happened to you ever? Just curious

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.
    Superman16 likes this.

Thank you. Just trying to find as much info on this as possible I dont have any local source or any “easy” access unless I wanna spend 3X what its worth and its not that need to have if for me. But its nice to have the option when possible. Bitcoin seems super easy without leaving the house, but the ID part worrys me. Just curious if anyone has used this recently with success.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Welcome to the forum. Coinbase is an exchange not a secure wallet. If you are done by anything suspect through coinbase they will close your account. You need to move your funds to a secure wallet to pay bills. If your using coinbase for investment purposes then you will need to move your coin to a better bitcoins n trade exchange anyway

If your worried about your ip address then use a vpn and the tor web browser. Create an email account not that you have never accessed from your IP address that you only use behind a vpn and tor

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Its not the IP address persay im really worried about since most of what ill be buying and send is from mobile. I guess my question is say I buy from coinbase with my CC that has my id attatched to it. Then I send the bit coin to say my blockchain wallet is my ID still attatched to that coin or does it at that point become harder to trace? Sorry I am understanding what your saying just not sure if im understanding that correctly...? Thats the only question I have I just dont want to be buying supps and then something happens now my ID is right there out in the open. Ive never used this type of currency to buy anything sorry so many questions. Bitcoin isnt as cut and dry as it seems anymore anyways

Bitcoin and using ID to purchase

Everything with bitcoin is anonymous but available for public view. The public can see every transaction Waller to wallet on blockchain.info but moving it from wallet to wallet tumbling it makes it a lot harder to track
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 02-18-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Would you personally trust using it when youve had to verify your ID with your card? This would be 10x easier if I had a cash option but like I said theres no way for me to do that where im from. Sucks. Everything now is going to has to be completely verified! Gvt cant leave a good thing alone. Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Superman16 View Post
    Would you personally trust using it when youve had to verify your ID with your card? This would be 10x easier if I had a cash option but like I said theres no way for me to do that where im from. Sucks. Everything now is going to has to be completely verified! Gvt cant leave a good thing alone. Ever
    I linked my cc to coinbase. There is nothing wrong with it as long as your not doing anything you shouldn’t be with coinbase

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Just a heads up I will be moving this thread to a new forum.
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I linked my cc to coinbase. There is nothing wrong with it as long as your not doing anything you shouldn’t be with coinbase
    I guess I shoulda asked would you use it to buy from your source offline?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman16 View Post
    I guess I shoulda asked would you use it to buy from your source offline?
    Coinbase?? No

Block chain? Im just asking if its possible or even worth it to use or if WU would be best. I also wanted to ask someone to see if theyve used a source but I cant pm anyone and know just asking is frowned upon.

Blockchain is fine. It’s just a wallet not an exchange

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I had to start a coinbase account to purchase gear from overseas. MG and me don't get along. When I opened that account I put $300 in and decided I didn't need to make that order for a couple of weeks. When I did use it my money had grown to $450. That's when it started!!! They're basically an online bank. You trust the bank with all that info... Why not them? Seriously though, these people attached to crypto are constantly under a microscope so they're not going to do anything to mess up what they have.

Thread Information