• 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By JdFlex
  • 1 Post By brazey
  • 1 Post By slfmade
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Tigershark
  • 2 Post By slfmade
  • 1 Post By CA_DXB_85

Thread: Hey everyone! I'm here because my balls barely work.

AfricanLion is offline New Member

Hey everyone! I'm here because my balls barely work.

So I'm in my mid 20's and I went from being a high level athlete to pretty much the weakest and most unmotivated dude around. Things started going downhill steadily after an accidental nut shot from a teammate, didn't think it was anything serious after the pain went away but I guess it more serious than I thought. Ended up going to a doctor a year ago and was diagnosed with low T, my result was like 205 ng/dl or something like that. Docs told me that although my levels were low, they weren't low enough to warrant treatment especially at my age, ended up going to a different doctor and he told me the same thing. I still work out, but my gains are minimal and I'm tired of feeling like shit so I'm here to learn and eventually start self administering TRT.
    Last edited by AfricanLion; 09-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.

I've seen an endo, a urologist and a sexual medicine doctor and they all seemed completely against the idea of putting me on testosterone . I'm not sure if it's because of my age or just how doctors in my area operate. Honestly I've given up on trying doctors, at least until I'm 30+ they just don't take guys in their 20's seriously. Other than the low T I'm completely healthy but in my area they say that 200 ng/dl is within the standard range.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.
    AfricanLion likes this.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    welcome, I too was on self administered TRT until I found a Dr that would prescribe it
    AfricanLion likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    welcome....
    AfricanLion likes this.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's quite simple really. It's either in the reference range or it's not. At 204 I'd imagine it's below the reference range. I'd simply point at your labs and ask why they are refusing to treat a lab value below the reference range. Would they ignore a sky high WBC, a low HGB or Hct. How about a bottomed out Na? Now, If it's in the range ( some labs may have a reference range that is different ) then it may be hard to argue with those doctor's...in which case you need to find a doc that will treat you. I had to see 7 before I found one and my case was far more complicated than yours. I don't know why they are saying because you're young....At your age your levels should be higher so a lower value would be a better indication for treatment. I would treat you if I was your provider.
    JaneDoe likes this.

The reference range said 200-750 or something like that, so far I've been to 3 docs maybe I just need to get more confrontational with them.

Welcome.

I would recommend posting a thread in the TRT sub-forum.
    AfricanLion likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.
    AfricanLion likes this.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanLion View Post
    The reference range said 200-750 or something like that, so far I've been to 3 docs maybe I just need to get more confrontational with them.
    That's why... you're still "technically" within range. You need to call around and ask doctor's if they'll treat you based on your age and your numbers. Calling will save you both some time.
    AfricanLion and Chark like this.

CA_DXB_85 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome aboard.
    I recommend you try to find another doctor.
    You also need to question why you are at bottom of the range at your age and that you want them to investigate further and find out the cause and treat it.
    I faced the same shit at your age and the doctors always chose the easy way out, saying you are within range, when I was 6 or 7 points over the bottom of the range (if I remember correctly)... I thought this shit only happens in Canada cuz our health care is free lol
    AfricanLion likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Glad to have you here!

Thread Information