• 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By VicksDad15
  • 1 Post By sympathetic187
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Tigershark

Thread: New Jack

sympathetic187 is offline New Member

New Jack

Introductions always sound like a rehab circle...... So here goes.....

36 year old guy from Michigan, gym rat, never dabbled in PEDs (not that I had anything against them), strict diet, etc. In pretty good shape, until I turned 35, and was diagnosed with moderate depression. I have never had any depression issues in my life. Lost a lot of drive, and desire to workout. Gained about 40lbs. Started questioning If my hormone levels had any correlation to my depression. My GP did a general blood test, and said "you are within normal hormone levels" and that ended at that, didn't give me an actual number. So I went the online doctor route, they did blood tests and my test levels came back at 179.

I now have a rx for test cyp and started today. The doc wrote me for .15ml every day subQ. I thought everyday was something that wasn't going to work well for me, so I broke down to .5ml 2x weekly for a total weekly amount of 200mg. They send 31g insulin syringes, which took a while to draw, currently pin in stomach.

Hoping to learn somethings being here, and build a better body and mind.

Chark is offline Member
    Welcome brother! I have a feeling you’re going to love the path you’re headed down even if it doesn’t totally solve your battle with depression. Feel free to reach out to people here, there’s a lot of helpful people here.
    sympathetic187 likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    From my own experience with visiting people in psychiatric care, I would say that very few people have an actual brain disease (nor some chemical persistent in their blood that is causing their mental problems).

Of course some people have brain tumors, some have damaged neurons and dementia, some have had a stroke. Some people have excess adrenaline in their blood from a dodgy adrenal gland. Some have mercury poisoning, or lead poisoning.

The vast majority of people with depression though don't have an underlying medical issue causing it.

I met a girl last year who got the electric shocks after exhausting all the other treatments. She only got it on one side of her brain because there's less chance of memory loss. She's actually doing quite well now and she's back in work, and last I saw her she was doing the 'Couch to 5k' running program. Lately she seems bubbly and eager to live life.

If you're familiar with how some people say 'Get out of your head and back down into your body', well I would say that the ordinary kind of unhappiness is when your mind is sad, and depression is when your body is sad. Some emotional and mental states drag on the body, and depression makes everything heavier.

I spoke to a guy in person one time whose 7-year-old daughter was abducted and missing for about a week before she was found dead. In the days that they were out searching for her, he said "I can't tell you what it feels like to walk into a child's bedroom, walking past dolls and Wendy houses, looking at an empty bed wondering where she is -- or even what that does to your body".

Some guys here on the forum read the Bible and pray regularly. I do a few different things but I find chanting and meditation very beneficial.

I'm not against medication outright, but I would only start on it if I was really struggling. I took an SSRI for about 8 months after I had a bereavement, and then I weaned off it and tried to come back to normal living.

I think if you make balanced effort (not too much, not too little), you could be carefree and zealous for life in less than a year. Some people try to accelerate the process with silent retreats. Whatever works.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome aboard.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome!

VicksDad15 is offline New Member
    Welcome bro! How were you able to get prescribed the test? I've wanted to try that route. Seems easier than having to find sources.

I actually went the online route. Most family docs won't take your test levels seriously from my experience, and you also have to have a special licensure to prescribe injections in my state, so if you can find a decent clinic, they will give you cream to rub on, not injections.

Honestly I just picked one of the many "TRT" places advertising all over FB, (I did MaleExcel) took their at home blood test, they set me up with a zoom meeting with a doctor, and bam got an RX. They prescribed me .15ml a day, every day subq of testosterone cyp which is 1.05ml a week, roughly 200mg a week. I didn't want to do it daily, so I just broke it down to .5ml 2x weekly. Only 2 weeks in, but so far my mood and drive is definitely impacted. They send syringes, meds, and alcohol wipes for $100 a month.

Also, make sure your wife or g/f is ready...... I was warned of increased sex drive (I was a bit of a nympho to begin with) but jesus christ..... you could hammer rail ties.

Good luck with your search!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome!

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised what balanced hormones can do for your mood! Woman’s health has been utilizing hormones for years to deal with mood and for men, it’s always been taboo.

You’ve landed in a great community with fantastic members who are knowledgeable and willing to help. Hope you stick around!
    almostgone and sympathetic187 like this.

Thank you. It is much appreciated and nice to be with a group of people that seem to build each other up, not tear each other down. A rarity in today's society. Look forward to good things in 2021.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information