• 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By brazey
  • 1 Post By Tigershark
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By Testie

Thread: Old guy newb member

DinAZ is offline Associate Member

Old guy newb member

hey I'm D, I'm 38 years old so I'm not THAT old but after some injuries (3X rollover accident) my bones feel like they are 70 in some places. I just switched from a business career to becoming a teacher because I have some $ saved and I want to have more free time. I will workout year round of course but having the summer off makes it a great time for me to go hard and try to balance my body out (post injury some areas are weaker than they should be as far as left/right) I had several years of recovery, PT, and bodywork and am feeling good overall now and have gotten back to training. Since I got cleared from PT last year some areas of my body feel decently strong, but other areas are like 50% as strong as they were 5-6 years ago so I see the writing on the wall: get back to the gym HARD or become a weak old man sooner than I need to.

I used not understand why people hired personal trainers unless they were old or lazy ore didn't know anything about working out but my attitude has changed. I was also a LOT lower on cash flow when I had that attitude. After training for a couple months and not getting as much out of it as I wanted, I went and hired a personal trainer 1X a week. I know many of the exercises he gives me but I do learn some good new ones, but the main reasons I like having a personal trainer is the accountability it makes me have not for the training itself. In the past it was easy for me to blow off the gym if some job opportunity came that I could make some good $ quick, or if I got asked on a date or something. Now I have decided to put myself 1st and not cancel gym time for anything. Having a trainer has helped me to be more accountable to myself and helped me avoid mainly doing exercises I like. I HATE wasting $ and also don't want to show up 1 week later with an empty week of training in my book and look like a little bish, so between those 2 things having a trainer has been great for me. When I was younger it was easy to find a gym partner but now most of my friends are out of shape parents, or out of shape drinkers without kids. Neither make good gym partners!

When I was younger I never cycled because I didn't feel a need. Right now I'm around 20% BF so I'm not even dreaming of touching anything anabolic beyond Test. My strength and "drive" feel much lower than they did in my 20s and even in my early 30s. I don't mean motivation, I finish all my reps and workout hard but I feel like I am missing that fire in my belly I had when I had higher test in my younger years so I am going to be doing a Test-E cycle. In the future I figure I could need advice about training, nutrition, ancillaries, planning cycle, etc so I decided to start talking to people here now and building relationships in case I ever need some help.
    Last edited by DinAZ; 05-30-2021 at 09:19 AM.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.
    DinAZ likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....
    DinAZ likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.
    DinAZ likes this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like TRT might be in your near future... Take a peek at the stickies in the TRT sub, especially the ones about finding a good doc.

Once again, welcome to the forum!
    I agree 100%. I wanted to try this cycle as a test run to see if it was something I am even interested in. At 300mg I feel great, and definitely feel like that drive I was missing is back and more. I think TRT is a strong possibility. I plan to complete this test cycle and do PCT and at that point evaluate what my next step is.

Chark is offline Member
    Glad to have you
    DinAZ likes this.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Welcome
    DinAZ likes this.

Thread Information