Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Federal officials decide against arming commercial pilots

Whats your view
    I agree only because a passenger could be used as leverage to give up the gun anyway, therefor putting single passengers in more harm than before, also arming the pilot could stimulate more aggression and nervousness in the hijacker.
    I think prevention starts on the ground, not in the air.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    What about having undercover agents placed on random flights as well as stricter coverage on the ground?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    U.S. Marshalls are and most likely will be place on random flights for long trips. The bill was to give a gun to the pilots instead of or in addition to providing Marshalls. The final word has not been sent in though.
    The Bush administration has declined the bill but supporters of the bill are going to congress and the The House Transportation aviation subcommittee is going to consider legislation on the matter Thursday.

mique is offline Junior Member
    I would want the pilot to be armed. IMHA I dont see how a passenger can be nervous!, The pilot already has everybodys life in his hand. I would get really nervous if a hijacker/s started kicking the cockpit door open and I knew that they had no protection other than a coffee cup.

Thread Information