THE DON is offline Associate Member

Queen Mother Has Died

THE QUEEN MOTHER HAS DIED IN HER SLEEP AT WINSDOR CASTLE

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah sad news bro but it was expected.I think it will be another Princess Diana type affair.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    May Her Majesty rest in peace. Last link to WW2 and a very good woman, wife, mother, and in her public role as Queen Consort & Queen Mother.

God Bless the Queen, I'll raise one for good ol' Queen Mum tonight.

Good points there Cane she was a highly regarded public figure and loved by the general public.The last of the best within the royal family.

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    Good points there Cane she was a highly regarded public figure and loved by the general public.The last of the best within the royal family.
    I think you have hope with HRH Prince William of Wales. He seems to be a fine young man and should make a good King.

Actually contrary to most peoples opinion, I feel HRH The Prince of Wales will make an excellent King. I just wish the media would stay out of his bloody private life. If it doesn't pertain to his role as Prince or King it's none of our damn business.

Sorry, but even if I am an American I am a monarchist and believer in the system.

I think Prince Charles would be a good king.Sadly though I think the monarchy is only good to bring money in from the tourists.

And there is Prince Harry the young one who experimented in drugs and alcohol.At least he is a normal teenager in the UK.I think Prince Charles handled that well.

As for the Queen I really believe its time for her to step down and give the UK a fresh looking monarchy and one with another sense of direction.

I think Prince Charles would be a good king.Sadly though I think the monarchy is only good to bring money in from the tourists.

And there is Prince Harry the young one who experimented in drugs and alcohol.At least he is a normal teenager in the UK.I think Prince Charles handled that well.

As for the Queen I really believe its time for her to step down and give the UK a fresh looking monarchy and one with another sense of direction.
    I do agree with you about the Queen, it would be refreshing, however the problem is what she believes is her DUTY. In her coronation oath she promised to serve the nation til her death. In her mind she would be breaking that promise to her people.To her, breaking that promise would be deleliction of her solomn duty. I don't believe any amount of public pressure can make her abdicate. She also has the memory of her late Unlce, The Duke of Windsor and the abdication crisis of 1936. She was taught that her uncle didn't do what he was expected to do; that was put Royal Duty ahead of personal happiness, and he was vilified by many in her family because of it.

I think you have seen her taking a less and less role in the public and The Prince of Wales and his sons taking a far greater public role as of late, and that will only grow, especially as this decade will near its end.

I have great faith that the monarchy of the next generation will find its place and will serve the nation as it always has. Many naysayers think that being the monarch is all pomp and circumstance, but behind the scenes the monarch has great influence and can be of a great help to the Prime Minister in guiding the realm through its toughest times.

Once again good points,but many Britons don't think she is the choice to lead the country.The monarchy has somehow losts its stance within the UK over recent years but it is our heritage and one we should value

There is much history behind the english monarch and you would be the wrong person to discuss it with as you have a far greater knowledge of it than I do!

I think Prince Charles has been more openly accepted by the public and his partner Camilla has been accepted as well.The two son,s have also hit the headlines a bit more recently and I believe people are more interested in what they are doing than the Queen.Then again Prince Philip is in the news more for his bizarre comments! He makes me laugh with his comments.

Just watching the 10 o clock news and the royal family has just had a farewell service in memory of the Queen Mum in Chapel of All Saints in Winsdor and her coffin will remain there until Tuesday until her coffin is moved to London.

Just watching the 10 o clock news and the royal family has just had a farewell service in memory of the Queen Mum in Chapel of All Saints in Winsdor and her coffin will remain there until Tuesday until her coffin is moved to London.
    I also heard the body of Her Late Majesty will lie in state at Westminster until April 7th and then on April 9th there will be a State Funeral.

I would hope that the U.S. would send Vice-President Cheyney and perhaps former Presidents Bush & Mrs. Bush (Sr.). I would not expect the President to go unless it was the Queen herself that passed away.

Once again good points,but many Britons don't think she is the choice to lead the country.The monarchy has somehow losts its stance within the UK over recent years but it is our heritage and one we should value

There is much history behind the english monarch and you would be the wrong person to discuss it with as you have a far greater knowledge of it than I do!

I think Prince Charles has been more openly accepted by the public and his partner Camilla has been accepted as well.The two son,s have also hit the headlines a bit more recently and I believe people are more interested in what they are doing than the Queen.Then again Prince Philip is in the news more for his bizarre comments! He makes me laugh with his comments.
    Please don't ever be afraid to discuss anything with me Billy Boy. I love this subject, and have made it my life's work and so few people know enough to even begin to discuss it with me.

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh is a BIZZARE man indeed, I wish he would retire....he has NO real position and his public role should just be ZILCH. He made no promises to serve the public and all he does is a DIS-SERVICE to the Monarchy.

I do think that Charles & Camilla will eventually marry but Camilla will not be Queen, but probably given a Duchy of her own, for her lifetime, and be accepted as the Kings wife, but not as Queen. Its what is called a "morganatic marriage". There is not legal precedent for it in the UK, but there is in other European countries for the Royalty and Nobility. I believe that Parliament will take this up and approve the marriage, but not Camilla as Queen in a special Act of Parliament.

I wouldn't worry, as I TRULY believe the Queen because of this AND her husband will be taking a very reduced role in public life. You will increasingly see Charles, the boys, Andrew & his girls and Anne more often at ceremonies where the Queen formerly attended. She will retire (more or less) but still be the Queen, and still meet with her Prime Minister every week, much as Queen Victoria did later in her reign. The Monarchy survived that and will survive this present crisis.

True bro I think that is what the Queen will do just gradually take a back seat.Hey you can,t get rid of Prince Philip he makes the rest of the family look sane!

True bro I think that is what the Queen will do just gradually take a back seat.Hey you can,t get rid of Prince Philip he makes the rest of the family look sane!
    Philip is a bloody git !

LOL yep but a funny one

9natural9 is offline Banned
    The Queen has left the building....she will be missed

Originally posted by 9natural9
    Dude *THE* Queen is still alive, it was her mother Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother who has passed

You know something us English don't

CANES, true technically the "Queen" is still alive, but what I was referring to is the real "QUEEN" the root of what we know as the Queen today, has passed!!!

BILLYBOY, you ask if I know something you English don't....your answer is HOW TO BOX, LOL!!!

CANES, true technically the "Queen" is still alive, but what I was referring to is the real "QUEEN" the root of what we know as the Queen today, has passed!!!
    Yours is a very eclectic mind 9Natural....that's why I love ya buddy

diddo CANES

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    BILLYBOY, you ask if I know something you English don't....your answer is HOW TO BOX, LOL!!!
    Not that I like him or anything, but last time I checked the undisputed World Heavyweight boxing Champion was Lennox Lewis. Now, where is he from again? Oh yeah.....UK!!!

Editors note: I don't think Lennox Lewis is the best boxer in the world and I don't think he will hold that title for much longer

I was just, how do you Enlish say, joshing with you. As a matter of fact, Lewis is well-kmown for his pugilistic boxing philosiphy. It has been relatively working in the past years, but very boring to watch.

You are correct to say he will not be the champion for long, Tyson will destroy him, as long as Tyson doesn't do anything else stupid before the fight that might postpone the match.

By the way, the Funeral for Her Late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother will be broacast live by BBCAmerica starting at 5:30am EDT tomorrow morning.

Thread Information