Thread: Iraq News?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

Iraq News?

October 2006 is on pace to be the bloodiest month in terms of US soldier deaths since november 2004..... I dont care about your politics and what you think of the war this thread isnt about that, its about the soldiers. Is there any new news about things turning around there? all we hear about is soldiers dying but no progress. whats going on over there?

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    October 2006 is on pace to be the bloodiest month in terms of US soldier deaths since november 2004..... I dont care about your politics and what you think of the war this thread isnt about that, its about the soldiers. Is there any new news about things turning around there? all we hear about is soldiers dying but no progress. whats going on over there?
    A clusterfvck. Bush has said we will be there until 2010, God knows how long that will be extended once 2010 comes along...

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    A clusterfvck. Bush has said we will be there until 2010, God knows how long that will be extended once 2010 comes along...

ok now as far as the military personnel there. im sure most of their tours are going to be over at some point. i cant imagine a large number of people enlisting knowing they will be shipped to Iraq. Wont there be a shortage of troops? I mean we didnt send enough to begin with.

ok now as far as the military personnel there. im sure most of their tours are going to be over at some point. i cant imagine a large number of people enlisting knowing they will be shipped to Iraq. Wont there be a shortage of troops? I mean we didnt send enough to begin with.
    We have enough reservists to keep the peace there. Now if we eneded troops elsewhere en masse, then we would be in trouble....

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    We have enough reservists to keep the peace there. Now if we eneded troops elsewhere en masse, then we would be in trouble....

which is why north korea can do whatever the eff they want right now.

which is why north korea can do whatever the eff they want right now.
    Well, NK is mainly China, Japan, and SK's problem, however Bush has pledged that he will not allow ANY nuclear material to leave Korea to the Middle East and will stop it by any means necessary..

Let's pray that doesnt have to happen.

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    don't forget about Iraqi civillians

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants
    don't forget about Iraqi civillians
    Thats correct.
    Reportedly on the average of 60 to 100 Iraqis are executed and\or murdered in terrorist attacks every single day, at the hand of brother Iraqis, and foreign Jihadist fighters.

I dont pretend to know the secret of how to solve the problem, but i would absolutely take a harder stance on the violence, they take out a Mosque, we take out a village. SWORDISH.

I think Irak is a total quagmire and nothing can be done to fix it... It's impossible to win when it bogs down to a guerilla type war... I hate to admit it, and some will disagree with me, but Irak is a savage land and needed a savage distator like Saddam to keep them in check.

Go have a look at http://icasualties.org/oif/ for casualties... it's getting scary.

To this date:
    2788 American soldiers died in Irak
    44,779 Americans were wounded (this does include non hostile wounds)

Can anyone in their right mind tell me that Irak was worth one, ONE single American soldiers life?

Red

Thread Information