9natural9 is offline Banned

Should Texas be a Republic?

Should Texas split off and be a Republic?

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    no.....
    TEX

BetterLateThanNever is offline New Member
    I could care less.

BLTN

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Hell no....

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Hell yes!!!

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    if you said yes you might as well say it should go back to mexico, becausethat is where it really belongs imo ,but thats another story, kepp it in the union its the only thing that makes this cuontry great hehehe.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hell no, Texas brings too much character and personality to the U.S. and the U.S. does the same for Texas.
    I'm proud to be a Texan, and I'm proud to be an American to.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    The U.S. wouldn't be the U.S. without Texas. We've got the Longhorns, Texans, Astros, Cowboys, and the Stars. Hell, the President is from Texas and we also spawned Jessica Alba...my girlfriend

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    EXACTLY FOOBOY! For a different reason also....
    1)The civil war was faught to preserve the union. The idea was that if 1 state could secede, then its not a union anymore. That is why we have a national gov. and not a bunch of independent states.

If TX were to try and secede to form its own republic, you better believe ol uncle sam would send in troops to change our minds.

Furthermore, without a national government to back TX, we would be vulnerable to everybody. Suppose some country decided to invade TX, do you think the TX army could stop them??? not at all.

FYI - did you know that TX is the only state in the union which can have its own Navy? I.E. the Battleship TX. Which I believe is out of commision but could be commisioned in time of war. (never happen though)

anyways I just re-read my post and its a little preachy but that wasnt my intent..just throwing my .02 into the thread

peace

sym
    Last edited by symatech; 09-16-2002 at 08:24 PM.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    i think it would generally be extraordinarily difficult task for any state to break away from the union, but if there was a state that had a slight chance of doing so than it would be texas

as far as invasion goes, the age of imperialism has ended long ago and i doubt there would ever be any chance of invasion if texas did suceed.

the only problem texas might have would be setting up a stable gvmt.
    trying not to fall into the pattern of many latin american gvmts

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    could i get cheaper prices on gear if we made the switch to become a republic???

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    texas is the shiznittle bing bang, but california is the only state that could suceed and still support itself economically as a country... atleast i think i learned that like 10 years ago.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Back in the 1800's when Texas was still part of Mexico, Americans moved into Texas by the thousands, and eventually seceeded (along with a war) from Mexico and became its own Republic.
    Now, in the 2000's, Mexicans are moving into Texas, and if Texas seceeded from the US Union, then the Mexicans would eventually vastly outnumber Americans, and probably end up making Texas part of Mexico again.
    So . . . there's something to be said for the prospect of getting legal Mexican gear down at the Austin Wal-Mart . . .

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by T$sMechamT/A
    texas is the shiznittle bing bang, but california is the only state that could suceed and still support itself economically as a country... atleast i think i learned that like 10 years ago.
    california support itself? I think its debt is like 83 billion right now. Would you also vote for Davis as president?

Thread Information