Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Everyone says the economy is down????

Well guys day in day out, all I hear is how the stock market is depressing and going down by the mintue. I hate to say it and I don't mean to brag, but our business is doing very well. I mean we are busier than hell. I guess I should feel lucky or blessed, but does anyone else feel the effects of the slowing economy?

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I think the stock market is feeling the effects of too many years of overestimating earnings, and flat out inflating the value of the tech stocks.

I don't see the economy going south, not when the price of a fucking house goes up about $40K every six months where I live. I swear I will never be able to afford a house of my own...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I agree 100% Padawan.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I think it depends on what field your talking about.
    My fathers company has seen an increase in sales since Sept 11.
    This has been our most profitable year since the company started 10 years ago.

kingjmack is offline Junior Member
    I work for a brake caliper manufacter. Our business is doing great because of 0% financing that the auto makers are offering.

jmattoxson is offline New Member
    ive been un employed for 6 mounths now so i will agree that the economy is down.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    The majority of the downfall is due to the tech stock plumiting. Just take a look at all the dot-com's that are out of business which were once fortune 500 co's. Take into account all the lies and cheating taking place in some of the worlds biggest companies, and it's no wonder the market is so unstable.

It went up tremedously in the past 10 yrs, now it's finally coming back to where it should be.

Originally posted by Diesel

Fourth and final, Bush. I know he has a great approval rating with the Sept 11th/War happening. However, IMO he will not be re elected because he simply does not know how to manage the country's economy. How long did it take him to take action on these CEO's?
    He took over the country without a deficit. Actually a surplus of Trillions that he happily spent and is now gone.

OK, I'm done. (for now)
    I don't think he handled the CEO's properly, but let's not forget when all this lying and cheating was taking place.....Under Clinton's time in office. We are now just catching these pieces of shit.

We've always had a defecit and still do and until all the countries that owe us money don't pay, we will never be out of debt.

Actually that tax check was more like a loan than a gift. You still have to pay it back come next year.

I really don't think it's his job to run the economy all by himself.

Although a republican, I believe both sides are just fucking around with politics instead of giving a shit about the people.

Thread Information