Logan13 is offline Banned

Republicans May Pass On Cnn/youtube Debate...

REPUBLICANS MAY PASS ON CNN/YOUTUBE DEBATE...
    drudgereport.com
    Four days after the Democratic debate in Charleston, S.C., more than 400 questions directed to the GOP presidential field have been uploaded on YouTube, as Republicans are scheduled to take their turn at video-populism on Sept. 17.

But only Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) have agreed to participate in the debate, co-hosted by the Republican Party of Florida in St. Petersburg.

"Aside from those two candidates, we haven't heard from anyone else," said Sam Feist of CNN, which is co-sponsoring the debate with the popular video-sharing site.

Rudolph W. Giuliani and Mitt Romney, both with dozens of videos on their YouTube channels, have not signed up. Neither have the rest of the Republican candidates, including Rep. Tom Tancredo (Colo.), whose "Tancredo Takes" on his YouTube channel draw hundreds of views. Sources familiar with the Giuliani campaign said the former New York mayor is unlikely to participate. Kevin Madden, Romney's spokesman, said the former Massachusetts governor has seven debate invitations over a span of 11 days in September.

"We haven't committed to any of them yet," Madden said.

In an interview Wednesday with the New Hampshire Union Leader, Romney said he's not a fan of the CNN/YouTube format. Referring to the video of a snowman asking the Democratic candidates about global warming, Romney quipped, "I think the presidency ought to be held at a higher level than having to answer questions from a snowman."

The Sept. 17 Republican debate was announced last Friday by YouTube, CNN and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist (R), who called Monday's Democratic showdown "the people's debate."

Patrick Ruffini, former eCampaign director at the Republican National Committee who served as online adviser to Giuliani for a few months earlier this year, said it would "very problematic" if the Republican candidates declined. "What's worse -- questions from the public, many of whom are supporters, or questions from the media, who many Republicans believe are biased? This is YouTube. That's not something they'd want to snub," Ruffini said.

eliteforce is offline Member
    they should pass on the whole election, since they're so obviously going to lose it

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Dang!

And miss the opportunity to have a question posed to you by a snowman? Wow, that Democrat debate was a real serious portrayal of the high-minded debate the US is currently engaged in over choosing the next president. I'll admit that the Elephants certainly have their work cut out for them in that they've failed to provide anything remotely resembling leadership over the past few years, but skipping the You tube debate could be the first step.

I thought You Tube was where kids posted videos of themselves doing stupid crap? I didn't know that it was such such fertile Democrat territory. Guess I should have figured.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    they should pass on the whole election, since they're so obviously going to lose it
    Dude Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) is the man I thought this election was goona be a bunch of puppets the predecessors but look this guy up he maybe a republican but man is this the guy you wanna vote for!!!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    And miss the opportunity to have a question posed to you by a snowman? Wow, that Democrat debate was a real serious portrayal of the high-minded debate the US is currently engaged in over choosing the next president. I'll admit that the Elephants certainly have their work cut out for them in that they've failed to provide anything remotely resembling leadership over the past few years, but skipping the You tube debate could be the first step.

I thought You Tube was where kids posted videos of themselves doing stupid crap? I didn't know that it was such such fertile Democrat territory. Guess I should have figured.
    A lot of people use youtube. Almost of not all the candidates have commercials on you tube,

Granted all the videos weren't serious but the topics were. Its much better then the stuffy debates we have now. Were its just an opportunity for people to get out their talking points.

That was the best debate i watched.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    A lot of people use youtube. Almost of not all the candidates have commercials on you tube,

Granted all the videos weren't serious but the topics were. Its much better then the stuffy debates we have now. Were its just an opportunity for people to get out their talking points.

That was the best debate i watched.
    What is the demographic of YOUTUBE users? Most are not of voting age or do not vote. It is as worthless as an MTV broadcasted debate would be.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    What is the demographic of YOUTUBE users? Most are not of voting age or do not vote. It is as worthless as an MTV broadcasted debate would be.
    I don't know the demographic but i think the large portion is in the 20 to early 30's.

I heard a republican strategist say its not their demographic so its worthless them

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Well the Democrats passed on the FOX debate.

Thread Information