DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

New poll puts Clinton further ahead of Edwards, Obama in Iowa

Sen. Hillary Clinton seems to be gaining steam in Iowa. A new NewsMax/Zogby poll found Clinton pulling ahead of her rivals there with 30% support, versus 23% for John Edwards and 19% for Sen. Barack Obama.

The survey, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points and was conducted August 17–19, painted a slightly more decisive picture than an ABC News-Washington Post survey that put Clinton at 27% with Obama and Edwards tied at 26% each. That poll was conducted July 26–31 and had a four-point margin of error.

The latest NewsMax/Zogby poll found that Clinton added six points to her column since the last poll they conducted in May put Edwards in the lead at 26% followed by Clinton with 24% and Obama with 22%.

Clinton also expanded her lead among women in Iowa—a key demographic for her—to 35%, while Obama gets 19% and Edwards garners 17%. (The Advocate)

jon77 is offline Banned
    Who cares, vote for a republican, someone with balls who doesn't run away with their tail tucked between their legs. Democrats.....

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jon77
    Who cares, vote for a republican, someone with balls who doesn't run away with their tail tucked between their legs. Democrats.....

go ahead, let hillary run for the dummys...it'll be that much easier for the GOP to win!!

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Thankfully, these polls mean next to nothing.

jon77 is offline Banned
    ^ Exactly^

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    The only thing she has going for her is her last name. I think the democrats would be better served by someone else. As long as there is a two term limit should it really be legal to move buba back into the white house? I know the whole George and his father thing, but don't you feel husband and wife is taking it a step further?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Typical republican responses!! Fortunately fellas, there is no way a republican will become the next president. Dubya has made sure of that!!!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I wouldnt be ultra confident in Hillary big guy

Not ultra confident in Hillary just ultra confident in the publics weariness of another republican president.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I don't think I was being typically republican, do you really think hilary clinton is the best this county has to offer? I affiliate with neither party.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    The only thing she has going for her is her last name. I think the democrats would be better served by someone else. As long as there is a two term limit should it really be legal to move buba back into the white house? I know the whole George and his father thing, but don't you feel husband and wife is taking it a step further?
    Sounds like another politician I know. When he ran for governor of Texas his qualifications (besides his name) were.. starting an oil company with family money and running it into the ground, and um, being part owner of a baseball team then selling it in a crooked insider deal.

Hillary has obviously ridden Bill's coattails into national politics, but at least as first lady she did some shit. She didn't just sit around and bake cookies. And even Republicans admit she's been an effective senator.

Johny-too-small is online now Vive Memor Leti
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop77
    being part owner of a baseball team then selling it in a crooked insider deal.
    Really? Do you know him personally? Were you involved in the deal? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    I don't think I was being typically republican, do you really think hilary clinton is the best this county has to offer? I affiliate with neither party.

Do you honestly believe that there is a republican candidate out there that can lead us out of the world **** up that bush has gotten us into? Seems to me that, although they claim otherwise, all the republican candidates are still lock step with ole Dubya!

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    When I think Tier 1 GOP candidates it makes me wanna cry...

Ron Paul 2008

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Typical republican responses!! Fortunately fellas, there is no way a republican will become the next president. Dubya has made sure of that!!!
    I have saved this post.........

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31

Thats only if the Dems dont drop the ball, which it seems like they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    I have saved this post.........
    Im not political, but yeah I agree with you,

Any democratic or republican runner stands a chance to lose/win on election day.

with flawed logic, Gore should have won the election against the current president in a LANDSLIDE VICTORY. Clinton was very popular and his job approval rating was sky high but Gore lost Clinton's White House anyway.

haha.

PLEASE READ THE RULES.... NO FLAMING OR RUDE COMMENTS!!!

Thanks *admin*

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Really? Do you know him personally? Were you involved in the deal? Come on...
    When the Texas Rangers were sold, a new stadium (which was built on land seized from homeowners under eminent domain laws and paid for by taxpayers) was part of the deal and accounted for most of the profit. W personally made $14.9 million from his $800k investment. Not a bad return for two years.

On a side note, he got the $800k from the sale of Harken Energy stock, which he conveniently sold just days before they reported losses and the stock tanked 75%. W was a senior partner at Harken. The SEC panel that terminated its investigation of the sale included several members appointed by Bush Sr and the SEC's General Council was even involved in the sale of the baseball team. This is all from public info and can be googled.

You think that doesn't sound kind of questionable?

Yes, Id agree with you that there are a few red flags if what youre saying is true.

His deal from this perspective might look very suspect, but who knows, if you're on the other side of the fence (knowing all the facts on a first hand basis) it might look like a brilliant way of doing business. Not saying this is the case, but I doubt that Bush didnt know at the time that his business deals were highly public. Having your name and picture in the papers will bring about a new awarenss.

Im not on any one's side, I just dont buy into every claimned "crooked" deal.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I know Clinton is gonna win. I read Nostrodumes book and he said from a the greatest nation a woman would lead it will be a time for change. It was during 2008 guess he was right.

Its Nostradamus

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    lol thanks prada

Ironically, Lex, Nostradamus is latin for Notre Dame(In French) or in English, Our Lady. Our Lady= Hilary.

Spooky ehh Lex.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND YOUR NEXT RUDE COMMENT WILL GET YOU SUSPENDED!!!

*admin*

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77
    It's amazing what voters will forgive/ignore. He also has a drunk driving arrest and has pretty much admitted to doing coke. Hell, Marion Barry was reelected after he got caught smoking crack.

Good point.

Clinton's popularity took a huge dive after the Monica Lewinsky thing. Remember Al making out with his wife before his speech at the Dem Convention, and him constantly reiterating that "I'm my own man", trying to distance himself from Clinton's errors. Still, Gore did get more votes, you know.

Thread Information