Tock is offline Anabolic Member

TV presenter throws up during live broadcast

TV presenter throws up during live broadcast

http://www.thelocal.se/8588/20070924/

A Swedish television presenter has received plaudits from her colleagues for keeping her cool despite throwing up on live television.

Eva Nazemson was hosting a late night phone-in game show on TV4 Plus when she was suddenly hit by an unexpected bout of nausea.

Having just asked a male caller to solve a word puzzle, the young presenter turned her head to one side and vomited.

"It came as a bit of a shock. Suddenly I thought: 'Oh shit, I'm going to puke'," Nazemson told The Local.

The stunned caller cut short his answer as the hostess stepped aside to take a quick breather. But seconds later she was back on camera with a full clarification.

"Wooh," she began. "OK, I just have to explain something here: I'm having period pains. Absolutely anything can happen during a live broadcast.

"I have to say I'm sorry about that but I really do have period pains and they can make you feel really sick," said Nazemson.

In a show of admirable composure, she then allowed herself a quick laugh before asking the caller, Niklas, to repeat his reply.

Unfortunately for Niklas, "tölp" ("yokel") was the wrong answer.

A lesser mortal might have called it a night at that point, but Nazemson managed to keep the show on the road for a further two hours of live television before her shift finally came to an end.

"My producer took over from me about twenty minutes later but then I went back on to finish things off," she said.

The station later rewarded its doughty presenter with a bouquet of flowers.

"She's a real hero for carrying on," programme manager Linda Grahn told Expressen.

At the time of writing, a YouTube clip of the unfortunate incident had been viewed almost 180,000 times.

When it happened, I didn't really know what to say. I think I repeated the fact that I had period pains a few times.

"First I was worried about what people would think, especially my bosses. But then I thought, well, everybody needs to spew sometimes," said Nazemson.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Damn, She really had some pressure there!

Thread Information