Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Mimicking the Massively Muscular

Interesting...

Mimicking the Massively Muscular

New drugs that mimic mutations found in buff animals could treat muscle-wasting diseases

Scattered throughout the mammalian menagerie are a few supermuscular freaks: double-muscled cows more ripped than any bodybuilder; racing dogs too burly to run; sheep praised for their massively muscled buttocks; and even one small German boy, born in 2000 with muscles twice the size of those of a normal newborn. All these Herculean creatures share one thing: naturally occurring mutations in a gene that produces myostatin, a protein that blocks growth of skeletal muscle. Disable that gene, and viola--spectacular muscle growth results.

Over the past few years, pharmaceutical companies have been racing to develop ways to mimic myostatin gene mutations in the hope of treating everything from the muscle loss that accompanies muscular dystrophy, cancer, and aging to obesity and other metabolic disorders. Pharmaceutical giants Wyeth and Amgen are expected to release clinical-trial results of myostatin inhibitors for muscle-wasting diseases within the next few months. A smaller company, Acceleron Pharma, based in Cambridge, MA, says that its more broadly acting drug could bring more brawn than can drugs targeting myostatin alone.
    More to read on the link. I didnt know it was this close.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Its coming man... eat like shit dont workout just take these daily injections and you'll be jacked and ripped... wow aint that some shit...

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to see "blah-blah's myostatin blocker log" on this site, hahah!

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Any sources yet? pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer
    Its coming man... eat like shit dont workout just take these daily injections and you'll be jacked and ripped... wow aint that some shit...
    I dont think it will be that magic, hope not. I mean if you give a cow some roids it will grow without doing anything. But humans dont. So maby this will just be a replacement for steroids but with less sides and you still have to workout.

The problem is that it will probably be illegal aswell since all the sports federations will be against it.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Federation schdcmederation. I reckon we should have a chemical league and a nattie league for sports!

No doubt, trying to fight doping in sports is a hopeless battle. Not to mention how utterly boring many sports would be if the athletes didnt juice.

Lets hope toying around with myostatin is untraceable so that sports has to allow it or die.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh I Cant Wait!!!!!

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    they only thing that would suck is that you trained your ass off all your life trying to be in tip top shape and then some fatass is gonna get this and achieve it in 2-3 months. Its also gonna change the persona of buff ppl. becuase now that everyone can get buff girls arent gonna be that attracted to it anymore. hey but if it can help ppl out then im happy for it....

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    they only thing that would suck is that you trained your ass off all your life trying to be in tip top shape and then some fatass is gonna get this and achieve it in 2-3 months. Its also gonna change the persona of buff ppl. becuase now that everyone can get buff girls arent gonna be that attracted to it anymore. hey but if it can help ppl out then im happy for it....
    I can say unequivocally that your logic is wrong I know for a fact that If I see and endless see of chicks with huge tits and big hips and ripped stomach I am not going to be less attracted to them because there all hot as hell =P

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Thank god Im a handsome son-of-a-bizotch!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Have been interested in this for quite some time. Cant wait to see the results of the trials...

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Did some one mention trails? WHERE DO I SIGN?????????????

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Ditto, sign me up

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Now would there be any side effects with it? With anything good there seems to always be a price.

I think it only effects muscle tissue so it should have very few sides. Less than hormones.

But who knows at this stage though.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Who cares? GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I remember seeing that boy on a t.v. show a few years ago, anyone know any sites that might have recent pics? Im sure he is well documented on, poor kid is probably basically a lab rat.

Thread Information